Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll runs till November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

.223
2
1%
.243
38
25%
7mm-08
88
57%
.308
27
17%
 
Total votes: 155
User avatar
Lindhe
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: November 7th, 2018, 10:04 am

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Lindhe » November 8th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Okay, if the 7mm-08 is going to be a completely new ammo type, then i'm changing my vote to .308 as that was my preference to begin with. Sad to see that the Bullpup and Break-Barrel wont be getting a new friend.
Hunter Profile:
Spoiler:
User avatar
mapache01
Outfitter
Posts: 1679
Joined: November 22nd, 2012, 2:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby mapache01 » November 8th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Maintain my vote for .243, Agree a list of animals permitted for 7mm-08 will help a lot to decide, other wise you're voting something you don't know
User avatar
Nathan112244
Hunter
Posts: 706
Joined: February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm
Location: Somewhere up in the great white north eh

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Nathan112244 » November 8th, 2018, 5:56 pm

i choose 7mm-08, in Hopes for a round that will cover fox to elk.
As iv'e said many times, that is the only thing i ask of the game
A RIFLE with ONE CALIBER that can take fox to elk.
That would be the real game changer and would probably the best selling point of this gun.
User avatar
louismarez925
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: May 20th, 2017, 2:23 pm

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby louismarez925 » November 8th, 2018, 6:04 pm

i vote 7mm-08 because it would be ethical for anything from fox to elk, my girlfriend kills her elk with a 7mm08 flawlessly
User avatar
Sulfurblade
Hunter
Posts: 549
Joined: February 14th, 2014, 6:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Sulfurblade » November 8th, 2018, 6:14 pm

Nathan112244 wrote:i choose 7mm-08, in Hopes for a round that will cover fox to elk.
As iv'e said many times, that is the only thing i ask of the game
A RIFLE with ONE CALIBER that can take fox to elk.
That would be the real game changer and would probably the best selling point of this gun.


Obviously this will never happen.... the whole point of them putting in a 1000 different guns is to make money what your proposing 1 gun for everything doesn't fit with there goals here....
User avatar
Finchypoo
Tracker
Posts: 163
Joined: January 14th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Finchypoo » November 8th, 2018, 6:42 pm

I voted .308, I think it suits the aesthetics of the gun, and a shorter more compact .308 seems like a nice addition to The Hunter, and the added bipod really seems appropriate for a .308.
User avatar
Nathan112244
Hunter
Posts: 706
Joined: February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm
Location: Somewhere up in the great white north eh

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Nathan112244 » November 8th, 2018, 7:47 pm

Sulfurblade wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:i choose 7mm-08, in Hopes for a round that will cover fox to elk.
As iv'e said many times, that is the only thing i ask of the game
A RIFLE with ONE CALIBER that can take fox to elk.
That would be the real game changer and would probably the best selling point of this gun.


Obviously this will never happen.... the whole point of them putting in a 1000 different guns is to make money what your proposing 1 gun for everything doesn't fit with there goals here....


There are multiple weapons in the game that can kill every animal in the game, how is that much different than a single rifle for fox-elk?

They already have a combination rifle and the 9.3x74R that can kill everything from coyote to water buffalo, a much larger list than fox to elk.

The ethical list i'm hopeing for looks to be 25 of the animals listed in the store. The 9.3x74R is 31 species and they offer it with the double barrel 16ga Combination for the rest of the species
User avatar
Rugged_Randy
Spotter
Posts: 54
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 4:49 pm

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Rugged_Randy » November 8th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Ok so 7mm caliber has changed now. I would like to know will .308 ballistics going to be updated to more realistic level? If so that might change my vote from 7mm to .308.
User avatar
INTIMID883R
Outfitter
Posts: 2055
Joined: September 13th, 2012, 2:50 pm
Location: Ft Worth

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby INTIMID883R » November 8th, 2018, 9:21 pm

This entire poll is now a sick joke. You simply do not change an item after so many have voted.
Spoiler:
User avatar
Nathan112244
Hunter
Posts: 706
Joined: February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm
Location: Somewhere up in the great white north eh

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Nathan112244 » November 8th, 2018, 9:26 pm

INTIMID883R wrote:This entire poll is now a sick joke. You simply do not change an item after so many have voted.


Is it that big of a deal?
It was already at 62%. And they changed it because so many people asked for it, we already have 2x 7mm's, let us have a new caliber

Return to “Official Community Competitions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest