Summer Fiesta 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: Summer Fiesta 2022

Post by Dr_ViEr »

In my opinion, BRR is the best place to hunt foxes. You have a lot of visibility and nearly no other animals that can spook the foxes.
Having a well trained pointer, you can just run around. You will either see the fox, hear it or your dog will detect it before you spook it.
At that point you can slow down, look out for a good spot and call it in.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

For the cross fox I just kept fast traveling to a place in the middle of the desert in Bushrangers. Fox is the only animal doing calls there. Goats are not around, rabbits don't call.

Travel there, call, enter the tower, see what's coming. Easy to do and gets you to see a new fox every 5 minutes. Can get expensive though. At times I had three foxes coming. Eventually one was a cross.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

How do you kill those three coyotes ? The old trick with buckshot or...? I would appreciate a suggestion from those who did it. Though a grenade would work better.LOL
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Yes,
Best is to use the 10 GA at 25m. They need to stand pretty close together, but in the end it is pure luck, if 2 or 3 will die.
It took me roughly 20 attempts and a similar number of wounded and lost coyotes.

I put a tent 27m in front of the tree stand (slightly east of the Awi'Usdi Stones) , fast traveled there, called and moved to the stand.
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

I see, ok, thanks. Maybe with slugs will work better, being more powerful. We'll see.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I don't think you can hit multiple animals with a single bullet (or slug) - at least not in this game...
Spoiler:
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:How do you kill those three coyotes ? The old trick with buckshot or...? I would appreciate a suggestion from those who did it. Though a grenade would work better.LOL
good idea ! or a sleeping pill!! :D :D
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You can improve your chances by listening where the coyotes call from. Then go to a place for your call that will make them stand sideways. If for example they call from straight in front of the treestand, it is not a good idea to call from there. They will likely face you. In that case it is better to move to the side of the treestand and call them to this place, so that they give you their side.

My best spot for coyotes is the northern part of the southern island of WHI. Half of the time when fast traveling there, coyotes call. Then you can plan the setup from there.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Maaaan! I finished the second mission today! Now I will concentrate to the first part of the thrid mission.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

HooCairs wrote:You can improve your chances by listening where the coyotes call from. Then go to a place for your call that will make them stand sideways. If for example they call from straight in front of the treestand, it is not a good idea to call from there. They will likely face you. In that case it is better to move to the side of the treestand and call them to this place, so that they give you their side.

My best spot for coyotes is the northern part of the southern island of WHI. Half of the time when fast traveling there, coyotes call. Then you can plan the setup from there.
That's what I used the tent for. As they cannot walk through the tent, they have to come from the side - at least if you call right in front of it and they do really come to that spot
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”