Problem joining Multiplayer

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
jttoo
Hunter

Problem joining Multiplayer

Post by jttoo »

On some of the multiplayer games available in the list of hosts, I get the error:

"Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game."

I am able to join some other multiplayer games, but not the ones I would like to join on Pickabeen bay. Any idea whats wrong? I reinstalled the whole game fresh today as well, and that didn't solve anything.
ogruls
Outfitter

Re: Problem joining Multiplayer

Post by ogruls »

Your best to close launcher then reopen it before joining a MP game, that way will show latest games, sometimes the games have finished but will show as you not refreshed launcher. Other things can be host has set to friends only.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Ok, I tried closing the launcher, same result. Some games I can easily join, other give that error message. They are not locked, and one of them had two people in it, so at least one other person was able to join.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Are all of the games that you can join marked with a green dot (near the country flag)?

Can you join games with a yellow or red dot?

The dots indicate (I think) the speed/quality of the internet connection between you & the host.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

I heard back from the person whose game I couldn't join, and he said he had it set to friends only. Does this not show up somehow, that you can't actually join? If not it should, as otherwise we are left wondering what is possibly going wrong.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

jttoo wrote:I heard back from the person whose game I couldn't join, and he said he had it set to friends only. Does this not show up somehow, that you can't actually join? If not it should, as otherwise we are left wondering what is possibly going wrong.
I'm honestly not sure if friends only games appear in the list or not, but that might explain why certain servers are not able to be joined. There is a checkbox somewhere on the page though that let's you "show only games I can join." Have you tried using that to see if it filters out all of those games you're trying to join but can't?
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Yes, I'll have to try that, and see if the problem-joining games are removed from the list.

Return to “Multiplayer”