Mission HELP

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
FanePuscas

Mission HELP

Post by FanePuscas »

Hello guys ,I try to do a mission for several hours, its about the coyote mission that i have to Harvest a Coyote from the Lake ( in singleplayer) .any advices ? i only have the caller for predators.
wt_hunting
Scout

Re: Mission HELP

Post by wt_hunting »

My advice is to start drinking heavily. Just kidding, that's a joke. Coyotes are one of the most skittish animals in the game. You definitely have to have the wind blowing away from you, and even then, without a blind or tree stand, unless you have a flat rock to lie on, they will sniff you out quickly.

Without a blind or tree stand: when you get a call..note the direction its from..find a spot with good high tree roots that you can go pron on, or a rock. Mark off 30 meters from there, and then call with the predator caller. Go back to your hiding spot and wait.
FanePuscas

Post by FanePuscas »

i managed to finish it :) exactly when i wanted to exit i got a call and i took one out with my .223 semi-automatic rifle :) thanks for the advice anyway
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

FanePuscas wrote:i managed to finish it :) exactly when i wanted to exit i got a call and i took one out with my .223 semi-automatic rifle :) thanks for the advice anyway
For future reference, there is a pack of coyotes that spawn at the Northwest part of the lake by the shore. If you have a tent, you can place it near there and shoot them as soon as you spawn.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
Tobi_1989

Post by Tobi_1989 »

thehammer223 wrote:For future reference, there is a pack of coyotes that spawn at the Northwest part of the lake by the shore. If you have a tent, you can place it near there and shoot them as soon as you spawn.
There might be something wrong with my client, i'm on this mission too and there are no coyotes, not even tracks.

My GF did it last week and she had nice pack of five or so coyotes (with one albino female), but i've got nothing in two attempts so far.

EDIT: Found them after second circle around the lake, i was expecting pack of coyotes to make whole lot of tracks in the sand, instead it was single lakeside track directly to the north burried among 15 turkey tracks, after which they immediately disappeared into the woods.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

thehammer223 wrote:For future reference, there is a pack of coyotes that spawn at the Northwest part of the lake by the shore. If you have a tent, you can place it near there and shoot them as soon as you spawn.
Is this a guaranteed spawn for this mission? How close can you place the tent?
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

jttoo wrote:
Is this a guaranteed spawn for this mission? How close can you place the tent?
The pack he references is not guaranteed. The single coyote for the mission is guaranteed if the mission is active.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Tod1d wrote:The pack he references is not guaranteed. The single coyote for the mission is guaranteed if the mission is active.
Is there a single coyote spawned around the lake somewhere when this mission is active, or do you know if it is a fixed spawn location, or spawn-then-random-wander before you spawn into the game? I haven't explored the spawn mechanic for this mission much. I have a tent placed 200m north of the nearby tower and spawn there and walk down to a TS that I place here for this mission. This generally works well enough that I haven't had to figure out the spawn pattern.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I'm not sure either. But there should be a coyote, or tracks very close to the exact spot referenced in the mission
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

This mission is still from back when there were no tents. You had to come all the way from the lodge. So the coyote will not leave the area. The mission would become very hard otherwise, if it started roaming for one hour first and then keep going while you were on your way to the lake.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Multiplayer”