I need suggestions for multiplayer huntings.

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
Threwlys
Tracker

I need suggestions for multiplayer huntings.

Post by Threwlys »

Guys, every time i post a question, i have so many great answers. So, i can't help but to come again here to ask for your advice.

I bought a license and equipment for my great son-in-law and we like to hunt together too.

What, in your opinion, are the most exciting and interesting multiplayer hunting matchs (small or great animals, feathers, fur, etc.).

And, to hunt the ducks, goose and other feathered fellows, we really need those big bundles or just a few itens can make effect as wall to attract all those birds (my favorites), small and big ones, in the ground or flying in the sky?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: I need suggestions for multiplayer huntings.

Post by VonStratos »

I cant say what is the more fun since i do not play in multiplayer too much, almost never actually, and tastes are subjective, but in the ducks theme, yes you need a certain minimal stuff, a water blind+ 24 mallards, that will give you the 100% attraction to Mallards and 50% to the other ducks, its enough to start, so i you want by example want attract black ducks too, then 24 mallard decoys + 12 blacks, that will give you the 100% for both. The formulas can get a little confusing and there is items that generate more attraction, also take in count the radious, beside callers, so to not waste money i recommend you read this in the wiki:

Canada goose is more simple, 24 Canada Goose decoys and thats ready, well you need the callers too.

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Waterfowling

Keep in mind this: Waterfowling is the most expensive game play feature in the game, but is fun and worth it imho.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
xOEDragonx

Re: I need suggestions for multiplayer huntings.

Post by xOEDragonx »

<Moved to Multiplayer>

It's definitely hard to say what is the most fun thing to do in multiplayer since it all comes down to your hunting tastes. My recommendation is to change up what you're hunting on each and every hunt. Make one hunt a big game hunt in Redfeather falls, then perhaps do some wingshooting for ducks in Rougarou Bayou, then take a pointer out to Logger's Point to chase some cottontails and pheasants, then maybe stalk some water buffalo with recurve bows on Piccabeen Bay, perhaps a predator/coyote hunt on Whitehart island followed by sitting over european rabbit warrens on Bushrangers Run then climb the mountains of Val-de-bois in pursuit of ibex and light up the ptarmigans when you get tired of the goats. I rarely ever hunt a single species for very long and when you have so many different species to hunt and so many different ways to hunt them, why try to find a focus? Pick something you both want to hunt at the moment and just have fun with it! :D

As for all the equipment, you don't necessarily NEED anything to be able to kill any species in the game. But if you actually want to have fun shooting waterfowl, you sort of do need the blinds, decoys and calls. And if you're going to spend any money to get decoys, you mine as well get the full set so you have maximum attraction and therefore maximum fun. You can attract ducks and geese with just a couple decoys and one call, but only one or two birds at a time and when flocks can be few and far between... that gets old fast. I highly recommend you and your great son-in-law try out hunting on a mutiplayer server of someone who does have a full set of decoys so you can experience the fun and know for sure if it's something you want to commit to buying. You can make a post on the multiplayer forums and find someone with a full setup who can launch a game for you-- that's the best way to try it out anyway. I'm always willing to open a game for anyone interested in trying gear out and there are many others who will do the same!

Return to “Multiplayer”