Lets clear a map!

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
TrueshotM
Scout

Re: Lets clear a map!

Post by TrueshotM »

Levado wrote:
ronMctube wrote:VDB was surprising and i think it was 120 ish
It was 132, I quote you from one of your threads: "we have done VDB = 132 animals."

Check this map:

That was a hunt I did on my own, which lasted 4 hours and 49minutes. I marked in red the areas I checked out. Total number of kills: 83

That whole river trip was a rush job, because by the time I left the ibex area on the right it was getting dark, so I didn't want to waste too much time on smaller animals.

83 kills, on my own, in a far smaller area and in less time, versus 8 people spending more time on the whole map. Of course, unlike your test run, my hunt included birds, but it would still mean 132 / 6 = 22 animals per species and I don't believe a word of that. Heck, I've seen people on their own kill over 50 ibex in a single hunt and I can ensure you that they didn't find all of them.
ronMctube wrote:reserves used to have 200 -400 animals
Provide indisputable proof that this is not the case anymore, because I doubt that there are maps with less than 200 animals on it.

Heck, Rougarou Bayou can give 250 ducks and that doesn't include bobcats, whitetails, bears and hogs.

I had 102 kills on Whiterime Ridge in single player and you assume I killed more than half the population? Not even close, I didn't even check more than like 1/3 of the map and I'm sure that a lot of animals got away in the areas that I did check! :)

Logger's Point? This is what David had to say:
I killed over 60 cottontail rabbits on Logger's Point once, and that's only one of seven species, so it doesn't take a genius to take a stab at the numbers.
And I can continue with numerous other examples. Especially "total weight" competitions can often show huge amounts of animals when you look at the best players.
If you look at my trophies you'll see I'm on of those players. Best according you to, thank you.
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

caledonianblues wrote:What happens if you do it once, twice, or even a few times and there's a rare, a leaderboard animal or a non-typical each time? That doesn't prove that one of those is generated in every spawn. It just proves that one was generated in those hunts. You would have to do it a lot more times to get an answer that players would be willing to buy. I know the answer, and I'm sure many others do, but I'm interested to see your results. You absolutely won't do this in less than a few hours, but good luck with it. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a great hunt.
I quote you " I know the answer, and I'm sure many others do".... Thank you for that information. Some people still talk to Luna and Alena so there's no need to do these hunts. I got the answer. My hunts will be longer for unsaid reasons. THanks Cale!
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

ronMctube wrote:unless you do it properly you have no figures worth looking at.the figure i told you was from a main person.so you either believe it or dont.ive just posted some actual figures of what was achieved from doing full day hunts start to finish.not many have done it and it was done in a organized way.through voice coms.anyone can go do a single hunt bag loads of animals in a short period.what does that lend to anything ?

to find the total number of animals you need to kill them all.simple.the first few hrs is easy.as the time goes on the longer you hunt the harder it is because there is less animals.so while you think you doing well in a short session smashing animals later on you will do terrible on your own as the animals will go everywhere and there is nothing you can do to stop them.thats why you need to do driven hunts to get what your trying to find with 8 players to stand a chance of getting close to killing all animals.the thing is you wont do it ! 7 hrs of not letting one animal slip ? no ! it isnt happening !

what must also be considered is the servers now.they arent how they used to be things can be altered drop of a hat.if wanted to. so guess you go loggers or any reserve shoot 264 animals and you kill everything as soon as you go well i done it there is 264 animals on loggers its changed !

you must remember this game life expenctancy is really based on these magic figures we dont know about. if people knew that x spawns here at 11:32am then the game becomes pointless.

its great trying to crack things or try and work out how things work i have done similar for years.i know many things which should and shouldnt work but what you are trying to work out you wont ever find out unless a) lead dev tells you b) they publish the details themselves which would make no sense as it would ruin theHunter instantly. C) you are kind of some maths genius and have all the data at hand to break it down. which you dont have any of the data so you cant work it out even if you are a maths genius.

people here would do the driven hunts.to help try and get some figures no problem.just ask and im sure they would help.just listen a little to what some have said though with a little knowledge.it will help you try and get to where you want to be as much as is possible. my number one tips are though do driven hunts with 8 people and discord.its the closest you will get to any meanable figures / data.
There's no need Ron. Old team members are giving out the info. I dunno why but they could care less about T.H.C and what happens to the people and community. ;)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TrueshotM wrote:There's no need Ron. Old team members are giving out the info. I dunno why but they could care less about T.H.C and what happens to the people and community. ;)
Alena's technically on maternity leave, so I doubt very much she'd be daft enough to violate a non-disclosure agreement and risk her job to divulge spawning data to players. Besides, she was one of the advocates of keeping theHunter secrets under wraps. I can't speak for Luna but having worked with her on the game, I believe she has more integrity than to start blabbing to players.

I think you probably just spoke to some players who gave you their take on it. Which is fine, as long as you got the answers you were looking for, everything's good.
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

caledonianblues wrote:
TrueshotM wrote:There's no need Ron. Old team members are giving out the info. I dunno why but they could care less about T.H.C and what happens to the people and community. ;)
Alena's technically on maternity leave, so I doubt very much she'd be daft enough to violate a non-disclosure agreement and risk her job to divulge spawning data to players. Besides, she was one of the advocates of keeping theHunter secrets under wraps. I can't speak for Luna but having worked with her on the game, I believe she has more integrity than to start blabbing to players.

I think you probably just spoke to some players who gave you their take on it. Which is fine, as long as you got the answers you were looking for, everything's good.
That's not who I spoke to, I would never snitch on whoever I really talked to....TK was a player before a team member, there's a lot of people out there, I'm sure Luna wouldn't babble to players either. But social media friends and people you've bonded with over the past couple years maybe...I'm keeping my mouth shut. My hunts will be longer. ;)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TrueshotM wrote:That's not who I spoke to, I would never snitch on whoever I really talked to....TK was a player before a team member, there's a lot of people out there, I'm sure Luna wouldn't babble to players either. But social media friends and people you've bonded with over the past couple years maybe...I'm keeping my mouth shut. My hunts will be longer. ;)
Uh huh. Well, enjoy your long hunts ;)
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

caledonianblues wrote:
TrueshotM wrote:That's not who I spoke to, I would never snitch on whoever I really talked to....TK was a player before a team member, there's a lot of people out there, I'm sure Luna wouldn't babble to players either. But social media friends and people you've bonded with over the past couple years maybe...I'm keeping my mouth shut. My hunts will be longer. ;)
Uh huh. Well, enjoy your long hunts ;)
I will. Cause I'm guaranteed something special if I put the time in :) Wha.....no......I didn't say that. I don't know anything! !!!!!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Fake news.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

JimboCrow wrote:Fake news.
^^

Not sure if i would belive that even if a former dev told me

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TrueshotM wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:

That's not who I spoke to, I would never snitch on whoever I really talked to....TK was a player before a team member, there's a lot of people out there, I'm sure Luna wouldn't babble to players either. But social media friends and people you've bonded with over the past couple years maybe...I'm keeping my mouth shut. My hunts will be longer. ;)
I was not going to post in this thread because I really don't care how many animals there on a map. I know that diriven hunts are fun to do every now and then and that is about all I care about having fun!.

Now you say your not a snitch but yet you dropped 3 names.Where I come from that is a snitch. Ok maybe you are using those names to cover but 2 of them are still employed but EW and you just cast a dark cloud on them. (that's if anyone believes your story) We call that dry snitching here in the North East.
Spoiler:

Return to “Multiplayer”