Respawning in MP, distances and other questions

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
_dfad_
Scout

Respawning in MP, distances and other questions

Post by _dfad_ »

Hi all. I have some questions on MP sessions.

1. For a long game, how animals are respawned? Is it theoretically possible that all animals are killed in long enough game session on a busy server?

2. Are the 'sound' distance and 'spook' distance of a rifle the same? In other words, if another player hears my rifle, does this mean that an animal on same distance is spooked too? Do we have some table with these distances?

3. I just faced a bug. Killed two goats from one flock in MP, picked one but got disconnected from the server. Then reconnected immediately and found the 2nd goat, but could not claim it. More, from three next animals I've killed, I was only able to pick one, two other did not react on Huntermate's button at all. Is this bug known?

4. What happens with deployable items on MP? Can a guest set/unset a tent or a feeder? What happens after a disconnection? If guests are able to set own equipment, can they take it back in another session later? No info on Wiki unfortunately.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Respawning in MP, distances and other questions

Post by caledonianblues »

_dfad_ wrote:1. For a long game, how animals are respawned? Is it theoretically possible that all animals are killed in long enough game session on a busy server?
Animals are not respawned until you reach the end of the day. If you carry the hunt over to the next day animals will respawn, however it's the same array of animals, and any that were harvested on the first day will not be harvestable on the second day. Therefore, if all animals on the map are harvested on day one (somewhat implausible) there would be no point in continuing on the second day.
_dfad_ wrote:2. Are the 'sound' distance and 'spook' distance of a rifle the same? In other words, if another player hears my rifle, does this mean that an animal on same distance is spooked too? Do we have some table with these distances?
If you are 150 meters from another player and you fire your rifle, I believe there will be the spook radius for you, plus a spook radius for the other player who heard the shot. I could be wrong but I think this is how it works. This means if a rifle has a spook radius of 200 meters, the effective spook radius in the aforementioned scenario could be up to 350 meters in the direction where another player exists within range. Imagine two circles overlapping. I'm not entirely sure how the client handles this though. I could be wrong, but this is my understanding of how it works. To answer to your last question though, no, there is no table of distances.
_dfad_ wrote:3. I just faced a bug. Killed two goats from one flock in MP, picked one but got disconnected from the server. Then reconnected immediately and found the 2nd goat, but could not claim it. More, from three next animals I've killed, I was only able to pick one, two other did not react on Huntermate's button at all. Is this bug known?
Multiplayer can cause all sorts of issues. If you get disconnected from a game and re-join, you will not be able to harvest an animal you left behind. At least, if you do harvest it, the kill should be assigned to (?) and not to you. This is not a bug, it's by design. As for the Huntermate not reacting when you approach some animals, I've also experienced this on multiplayer when I'm not the host. Latency can cause a wide variety of issues, although this might not necessarily have been the cause here. Problems like this are extremely difficult to diagnose, and there are literally hundreds of variables at play (many of which are outside the control of the developers).
_dfad_ wrote:4. What happens with deployable items on MP? Can a guest set/unset a tent or a feeder? What happens after a disconnection? If guests are able to set own equipment, can they take it back in another session later?
If you join a multiplayer game and you are not the host, you will not be able to place world items. You will be able to use world items, e.g. get in treestands or blinds. You will not be able to move items, place your own, add feed to bait sites, etc.
_dfad_ wrote:No info on Wiki unfortunately.
Not true.

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Game
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

_dfad_ wrote:2. Are the 'sound' distance and 'spook' distance of a rifle the same? In other words, if another player hears my rifle, does this mean that an animal on same distance is spooked too? Do we have some table with these distances?
I think that sometimes I can hear the sound of another player shooting, but animals in my vicinity don't flee. So it's probably not the same distance - but I'm not 100% sure.
Image Image Image
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Thanks for detailed responses!

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)

Return to “Multiplayer”