Driven hunts

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
Gravenslund
Tracker

Driven hunts

Post by Gravenslund »

Hi all hunters.

I would like to ask for some help regarding Driven hunts with Wildboars.
I have a setup on map but it aint getting any boars there..

Is it the time of day or location
Is there some special areas on the map were they spawn better then other places (Hirschfelden)

I can gladly open a map so you can see if the setup is wrong or the fetters is totally wrong.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Driven hunts

Post by VonStratos »

The area where you put the feeder make the difference, in the wiki you can see where the boars spawn, is an estimation, not exact places, but serves well to get an idea where find the hogs, i usually found them a lot in the open fields with crops and center north, in those large fields you can see many roaming so i would put a feeder in any of those fields, but i usually hunt them to old way (no feeder) so i cant say where the attraction is better, and they actually can be found in almost the whole reserve, i would stick to open fields to hunt them if you use feeders since the visual is great there.

Time of day also can make a difference, i start around 7 and hunt in the morning, game time, so maybe you went in a hour where they were sleep.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Would be helpful to see your map setup and get a general idea of how many players you want for the said drive.

Here's what I used to run (European drive)
2 players being the drivers, 1 spawn on lodge and 1 to the tent and proceed along red lines
Remaining players spawn on the blue lines and jump into the stands that I had up there and wait for boars to come
Green circle is where I had my 2nd feeder, both worked fine but the top one is definently better, see the link below.
https://i.imgur.com/tsAl4gp.jpg
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I gotta believe, especially with the new render range, that you could spread 8 people along the southern border & drive nearly all the animals into the area in the north, between the lake on the left, and the river on the right. Once the animals are past the yellow line, they are pretty much trapped in that area.
You could post 3 people near the yellow line in towers to pick off the animals after the pass, or just have all 8 people continue to push them toward the border & have a slaughter fest.

It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Gravenslund
Tracker

Post by Gravenslund »

Gonna post my setup here
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Tod1d wrote:I gotta believe, especially with the new render range, that you could spread 8 people along the southern border & drive nearly all the animals into the area in the north, between the lake on the left, and the river on the right. Once the animals are past the yellow line, they are pretty much trapped in that area.
You could post 3 people near the yellow line in towers to pick off the animals after the pass, or just have all 8 people continue to push them toward the border & have a slaughter fest.

Would probs work, only issue would be animals getting hung up on the west side.
Nathan22Outdoors
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

This is one i do on RFF, 2 people push from the east.
Drive for 7 people and with a jeep to drive the pushers near their spot its done in about half an hour, sometimes less

Nathan22Outdoors
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the key to driven hunts for wild boar is the right island. its actually perfect for driven hunts for boar.why ? the island has a river on left and all you do is have two start at bottom and people at the river making sure the boar cant cross . there is only a few points they actually cross. so as long as you communicate well using voice coms the river players just fire and you drive all boar to the top of the island.where one or two players just slaughter all of them.you can get 20-30 wild boar doing this if you do it right.

8 players like this. rather crude but you get the idea. those on river just fire if boar run at them or try to cross. those at start just walk up firing. shotgun with bird shot is good as you can shoot 90 shells as you walk. then push all to top for slaughter. they shouldnt escape because of the river and the trap you get them in.

Return to “Multiplayer”