Etiquette guide for hosts

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
User avatar
Elrique64
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: November 11th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Re: Etiquette guide for hosts

Postby Elrique64 » May 9th, 2018, 3:16 pm

I work second shift, so my hours are 2PM-10PM. After I got home from work, I opened a MP session on Hirsch. I used the rules for non-WRR modified since I don't have any stands or tents in Hirsch. (so yes, plainly marked as a English speaking session!) The first hour or so no one joined, which is as expected... It was late US time...

But then I had several join in rapid succession. A total of 7 people joined over the next 20-30 minutes. Of those 7 newish players, only one of them replied he was able to converse in English. All of those non-English "speakers" ultimately were kicked. The 7th said he was a guest, said he understood the rules and thanked me for hosting the session. I advised him the only animal I was sure he could hunt were Pheasants, and gave him a good area to try getting a few, on the other side of the river from my current position.

Well, this last guy never fast traveled. And in fact, he was getting closer and closer. Not only that, but I was working a couple of Red Stags from two directions. As this other player was now within 200M of me I advised him I was working a couple of stags and he best not screw things up for me. Low and behold... .45-70 up and just as I press the <space> to hold breath, the first of his 3 shots bangs out. Stags bolted, and boar running back towards me from his location....

So how would you other hosts have dealt with this guy? The guy that lied about his membership, lied about understanding the rules, and still didn't follow the direction of the host given a minute or so before he shot? I'm curious... Because just as i expressed my anger at his bonehead move, two more players joined. (Again, only one of which was able to converse in English... I am convinced people do NOT read the server's descriptions at all! there needs to be a check box or something saying you have read and understand the rules!)

I killed the boar with a shot from the .45-70 and then promptly kicked him. The other English speaker that had just joined said I pulled a shorty move... What do you guys think?
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

User avatar
rhapsodaisical
Scout
Posts: 298
Joined: December 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Etiquette guide for hosts

Postby rhapsodaisical » May 10th, 2018, 4:18 pm

I often have patience with new players. I love to show them around. But I had a bad run recently with more than a few. And as a result I became more strict.

When they join I immediate notify them to keep their distance and not to run (you clearly see on the map if they run or not) if they blatantly disregard me and do not show any intention to adres the issue I kick them immediately. As a rule, they are welcome to join MY game. I am not there for their entertainment or to service them. they can join ME and not me joining them. I wield a banhammer when I do so as I don't give second chances. It's ridiculous when non verbal party join and all they do is push you asside and shoot repeatedly at your feet.

Don't feel bad about what happens in your house with your rules if people disregard you.
User avatar
kevin2106
Hunter
Posts: 923
Joined: March 14th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Re: Etiquette guide for hosts

Postby kevin2106 » May 11th, 2018, 10:33 pm

Elrique64 wrote:Well, this last guy never fast traveled. And in fact, he was getting closer and closer. Not only that, but I was working a couple of Red Stags from two directions. As this other player was now within 200M of me I advised him I was working a couple of stags and he best not screw things up for me. Low and behold... .45-70 up and just as I press the <space> to hold breath, the first of his 3 shots bangs out. Stags bolted, and boar running back towards me from his location....

So how would you other hosts have dealt with this guy?


I honestly think that is 100% your own fault. You should never have let him closer than 500 or 450 meters, so i don't know why you let him go 200 meters away when you had stags in front of you. If he didn't follow your instructions before he shot, why didn't you kick him?


Image
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5113
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Etiquette guide for hosts

Postby stancomputerhunter » May 11th, 2018, 10:51 pm

kevin2106 wrote:
Elrique64 wrote:Well, this last guy never fast traveled. And in fact, he was getting closer and closer. Not only that, but I was working a couple of Red Stags from two directions. As this other player was now within 200M of me I advised him I was working a couple of stags and he best not screw things up for me. Low and behold... .45-70 up and just as I press the <space> to hold breath, the first of his 3 shots bangs out. Stags bolted, and boar running back towards me from his location....

So how would you other hosts have dealt with this guy?


I honestly think that is 100% your own fault. You should never have let him closer than 500 or 450 meters, so i don't know why you let him go 200 meters away when you had stags in front of you. If he didn't follow your instructions before he shot, why didn't you kick him?


I completely agree with kevin2106.


Image Rares: 81 NTs: 24
User avatar
rhapsodaisical
Scout
Posts: 298
Joined: December 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Etiquette guide for hosts

Postby rhapsodaisical » May 12th, 2018, 4:24 am

I sometimes do that myself. I blame myself in thinking some players aren't that stupid or annoying.

Otherside of it is sometimes you are 400m away from a reserve you cant help but spawn closer.
User avatar
RidgeBack69
Outfitter
Posts: 1560
Joined: December 6th, 2015, 1:39 pm

Re: Etiquette guide for hosts

Postby RidgeBack69 » May 12th, 2018, 3:13 pm

This thread should be titled Etiquette guide for guests.

If I join in on someone's game I look and see where everyone is then go in a direction that brings me away from other hunters and never towards them. So many guests do exactly the opposite. IMO they should not have to be told.

The biggest mistake guest make is trying to tell the host how he/she has to run their game. If you don't like the way a host runs their game just leave and never return.
Spoiler:
User avatar
jeff1963
Hunter
Posts: 936
Joined: November 8th, 2012, 12:47 am
Location: Washington State.

Re: Etiquette guide for hosts

Postby jeff1963 » May 12th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Elrique64 wrote:I work second shift, so my hours are 2PM-10PM. After I got home from work, I opened a MP session on Hirsch. I used the rules for non-WRR modified since I don't have any stands or tents in Hirsch. (so yes, plainly marked as a English speaking session!) The first hour or so no one joined, which is as expected... It was late US time...

But then I had several join in rapid succession. A total of 7 people joined over the next 20-30 minutes. Of those 7 newish players, only one of them replied he was able to converse in English. All of those non-English "speakers" ultimately were kicked. The 7th said he was a guest, said he understood the rules and thanked me for hosting the session. I advised him the only animal I was sure he could hunt were Pheasants, and gave him a good area to try getting a few, on the other side of the river from my current position.

Well, this last guy never fast traveled. And in fact, he was getting closer and closer. Not only that, but I was working a couple of Red Stags from two directions. As this other player was now within 200M of me I advised him I was working a couple of stags and he best not screw things up for me. Low and behold... .45-70 up and just as I press the <space> to hold breath, the first of his 3 shots bangs out. Stags bolted, and boar running back towards me from his location....

So how would you other hosts have dealt with this guy? The guy that lied about his membership, lied about understanding the rules, and still didn't follow the direction of the host given a minute or so before he shot? I'm curious... Because just as i expressed my anger at his bonehead move, two more players joined. (Again, only one of which was able to converse in English... I am convinced people do NOT read the server's descriptions at all! there needs to be a check box or something saying you have read and understand the rules!)

I killed the boar with a shot from the .45-70 and then promptly kicked him. The other English speaker that had just joined said I pulled a shorty move... What do you guys think?


I think, why are you hosting open MP games? I have a hard time understanding since they started this whole Multiplayer thing in TheHunter why people would want to subject their hunting session to an endless stream of randoms that are sure to break the rules if they even read them.
Thanks, ~Jeff


Return to “Multiplayer”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest