Unattended Multiplayer hosting?

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
jttoo
Hunter

Unattended Multiplayer hosting?

Post by jttoo »

Whats the general consensus on unattended multiplayer hosting, i.e. leaving a MP running while I sleep at night or work during the day?

Nice idea, or bad idea?

I have a full-up magpie decoy setup at HooCairs primo magpie spot, that I could leave running for people to grind geese at, but I don't know whether this unattended hosting is frowned upon.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Unattended Multiplayer hosting?

Post by Fletchette »

It's fine....Used to be done quite often. You might want to put in the description that you won't be in the game so people are aware it's unattended.
Personal Bests...
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

So what if it's frowned upon? I don't think it is anyway.

However whenever I hold public pbay games, more often than not, unless I'm hunting magpies, the magpies don't seem to break...real shame. I made it public in the first place so newbies could get some magpies... And the chance of them not breaking seems to go up the longer the game goes on. If someone joins at the start they can get a few magpies, but then eventually they stop breaking.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Brutus969 wrote:However whenever I hold public pbay games, more often than not, unless I'm hunting magpies, the magpies don't seem to break...real shame. I made it public in the first place so newbies could get some magpies... And the chance of them not breaking seems to go up the longer the game goes on. If someone joins at the start they can get a few magpies, but then eventually they stop breaking.
I know that in MP, if you are not in the water flow blind with the other hunters, the water flow will very rarely fly over the non-host's hunters. Also, it does feels like they have a reduced chance to break, but so far I've only experienced the less likely water flow break chance with magpie geese.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

It seems the same with snow geese too unfortunately. Haven't tried with other birds.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Actually, it has nothing to do with how long the game has been running, it can break like this as soon as someone not the host starts using calls/flags. Been a problem for years. I've reported it as have many others still yet to be fixed.

Return to “Multiplayer”