EW's Competition Camera.

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

EW's Competition Camera.

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello everyone,

So last week I showed you the new camera that we have here in the studio. It was put together with the intent to make viewing our streams much more enjoyable and also to open up the endless possibilities for new live 'e-sports' type competitions. If you missed the camera you can watch it in action during our latest stream:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241570379.

What we would like to know is, after watching the stream, what are some improvements you would like to see to make your experience better when viewing?
Some examples might be:
  • What camera angles would you like to see more of?
  • What overlays would you like to see? i.e Leaderboard? Competition Title? etc
  • Do you have a good competition idea?
We also welcome productive feedback, such as "the camera work was too fast, can you slow that down" or "You switched players too fast and It was hard to follow, also I want more player shots and less scenery". We would really appreciate if you keep the thread on topic - meaning we are primarily looking for suggestions and improvements regarding the camera.

Cheers all.

TK
Gonetae
Tracker

Re: EW's Competition Camera.

Post by Gonetae »

Not sure if it's possible but an overhead satellite type view showing hunter and the prey they are tracking/luring which could zoom in as the distance decreases between them would be real cool, imo anyway. ;)

I did watch some of the stream and it was very good with the new camera. I think a Leaderboard overlay would be essential future step though to develop it for viewers.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I would think you should focus on keeping the audience informed. By that I mean an overlay to keep folks apprised of where we are in the hunt. Also consider who the audience will be. Sure there will be those of us that play but you will also likely have curious folk who have no idea what they are watching. Allot can be mitigated by an announcer telling what is going on but that becomes repetitive.

I would recomend a countdown timer on the hunt as well as a brief message stating the nature of the hunt ie: "RonMcTube vs Hoocairs Biggest Boar Challenge". It would also be nice to show what weapon/call they have equipped. Once again we want to keep those who dont play in the loop.

I only watched about 1/2 the stream but I thought you did a nice job moving the camera about. I still like the idea of an orbit cam though. Sat view showing where respective players are would be nice as well.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

great suggestions about the weapons and inventory.maybe icons bottom right showing what each person you following has. also make this toggle option for yourself so the hud is on off.at your choice.

when you do these cams you want the best viewable positions for when someone is taking the kill shot. if im doing a video with someone for eg i always get just behind them and over the shoulder view to get the kill shot and the animal.if they could tie a cam position to that view at perfect distance. so toggle key shoulder cam of hunter you following it would be amazing. the problem with free cams and such is trying to fly into the perfect position .so if you can do the cams ready for the perfect shot thats half the work done. maybe slight fade transisiton as you swap views.

i think doing a driven hunt on say loggers could be very interesting.especially on places like loggers point.it takes about 20 minutes you could use players from community picked or random.having the ability to fly overhead and see the animals could be a first and very interesting.especially at the end of the hunt.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I just watched a little bit of the stream again & was trying to be critical as opposed to just watching it.

I would suggest by default the camera be anchored to a person or animal say 15ft away. The person running the cam could control say via mouse wheel the distance from the selected person/animal/object & rotate around them/it (orbit cam). That would go a long way to smoothing out the show.

Other then the overlays mentioned I got nothin.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I really enjoyed watching the animals getting shot. Haha, that sounds really bad but you know what I mean. It is something we never get to see playing the game. The sound of impact and the noise the animals make.
I can agree with previous posts about a little more info during the stream. In text. Maybe in some corner or that it shows ones every 5 minutes or something. Score, hunters, timer, type of comp etc.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

a waterfowl hunt would be good if you could get the camera right up in the flock, then follow the break and then the shots from the birds view. may take some serious control skills following the birds though
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

The only suggestion I have personally is that a few times when flying over, animals weren't seen. Is it possible to give them some kind of highlight/glow toggle for the competition cam only? It was weird spotting a goat and going "oh oh I want to see that--" only to have the camera keep on panning, a few times!

Return to “Live Broadcasting”