New Competition Camera

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Competition Camera

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello team!

So with the release of the new multiplayer camera, we gave it it's first test run last night live on stream and you can watch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241570379.

I would love to know everyone's thoughts and suggestions on how we can capitalise on this features the best. It really opens up so many options to make the game very fun to view, obviously we have a look of ideas. But we would love to know your ideas for competitions we could run and also other features that we might be able to add to make your viewing experience even better.

Once again a massive thanks must go to ronMctube, Jaxy Beard and Flinter for joining in last night and being our test subjects.

Cheers all!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: New Competition Camera

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

The camera is pretty cool. I'm not getting any audio though.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:The camera is pretty cool. I'm not getting any audio though.
I think they are by default (something to do with twitch) muted and might have to unmute it. :)
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

TreeKiwi wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:The camera is pretty cool. I'm not getting any audio though.
I think they are by default (something to do with twitch) muted and might have to unmute it. :)
Duh! :x

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

The camera looks pretty cool!

One thing that comes to mind to add interest & suspense would be to have the camera to move in a scripted orbit around the player. If the player is spotting an animal orbit it instead & allow the viewer to select whether to orbit the player or the spotted animal. This would mitigate the need for a delay as you mentioned in the stream.

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

My first thought after read the word "Camera" was: "Cool, we get a new camera ingame with many new Options. But after looking the stream I ask me if there are really many people who want to look comps in streams. Perhaps I am the only one, but personal I'm not interested to watch other Player in competitions. Or I have not right understand the sense of this new camera. :roll:

My Suggestion would be, please give us a new ingame camera. ;)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

I like the camera. I especially like watching the animals up close and how they react in the game. It would be interesting to watch the wolves interact with each other up close.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Is this only going to be for MP games? Who is the camera operator? Another player who is not in the game? A player who is in the game? Does everyone in the game have to own the camera?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Couldn't someone be able to look around the map for a big animal then after leave the camera to shoot it?
Am i missing something?
Nathan22Outdoors
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Just to be clear, the camera being used in the stream yesterday ins't something that's going to be added to the game for general use. It's a developer tool that TreeKiwi plans to use from now on to improve the viewing quality of multiplayer events that are streamed. He's looking for ways to improve the camera so it's enjoyable for viewers, and for ideas for competitions and events that would benefit from this new "viewing option".

Return to “Live Broadcasting”