New Competition Camera

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
kevin2106
Hunter

Re: New Competition Camera

Post by kevin2106 »

Nathan112244 wrote:Couldn't someone be able to look around the map for a big animal then after leave the camera to shoot it?
Am i missing something?
stancomputerhunter wrote:Is this only going to be for MP games? Who is the camera operator? Another player who is not in the game? A player who is in the game? Does everyone in the game have to own the camera?
It's not gonna be realeased for the public they said. People would just fly around and look for big animals, and then go to it and kill it. And like i suggested, which was making it into a "Game mode", where once you enter it you'll have to close the game to hunt normally, he said they didn't want to do that either. SInce it let's people figure out spawn points, which is a good point IMO ;)

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

What is that camera for then !!??

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

kevin2106 wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:Couldn't someone be able to look around the map for a big animal then after leave the camera to shoot it?
Am i missing something?
stancomputerhunter wrote:Is this only going to be for MP games? Who is the camera operator? Another player who is not in the game? A player who is in the game? Does everyone in the game have to own the camera?
It's not gonna be realeased for the public they said. People would just fly around and look for big animals, and then go to it and kill it. And like i suggested, which was making it into a "Game mode", where once you enter it you'll have to close the game to hunt normally, he said they didn't want to do that either. SInce it let's people figure out spawn points, which is a good point IMO ;)
ok i see
Nathan22Outdoors
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

This, as mentioned in the Status Updates over the passed few months is a new tool here for us at EW to use, to create new live competitions for all you guys. The possibilities are limitless at this stage and it opens up a whole world of streamed or recorded competitions. For those that enjoy that side of things. I can understand people would rather just be hunting them selves and that's fine. But to give you an idea we will be able to record community events, such as the head to head knock out style comps.

But yes please rest assured that this will not be available to the public, as you can all imagine what would happen to the game and existing competitions.

If you would like more information on how the camera works. You can watch the stream or check through some of the last Status Updates.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

So, if i understand correctly , lots of time in days and effort , have been used , to create this '' not for you guys '' camera ,to satisfy , a few people that like watching comps !?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DYEUZ wrote:So, if i understand correctly , lots of time in days and effort , have been used , to create this '' not for you guys '' camera ,to satisfy , a few people that like watching comps !?
You understand correctly.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well not really . the purpose of the camera is to make viewing EW media better. making watching the game more interesting.which in turn brings more people to the game.its very important. to some it wont seem so but to people like me who have spoke about this camera wanted it for 8 years ! it is a big thing. it would be nice if we public and those that create media could use it but thats not going to happen.which is a shame.

the thing is dont look at it as a waste of time.it will make twitch streams more popular and you will get new unseen footage.which will be interesting.its basically similar to the cam tool that Matti Hietanen made for call of the wild last year.in that tool you cant shoot any animals you can just fly around getting great footage.tool currently doesnt work though with cotw latest build this needs to be fixed.

i suggested many many years ago that theHunter team needed its own media team as it was basically us youtubers at the start doing it for them.then people not many started doing twitch covering theHunter now theHunter team has its own people to do the media.they want that to grow to grow you need to do exciting things.creative things.interesting things.camera tool is all of them.the ideas with using it are also just important to using the tool.anyone can have a tool but coming up with how to utilize it in the best way is the real challenge.just like streaming making videos.anyone can do it but can you do it constantly with creativity ? the ideas are everything.

ive suggested a few things to kiwi already. im sure as he gets more used to the tool the footage and streams and familarity will get better.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

DYEUZ wrote:So, if i understand correctly , lots of time in days and effort , have been used , to create this '' not for you guys '' camera ,to satisfy , a few people that like watching comps !?
Bummer, isn't it?
I've seen this view before in some videos, & if I remember correctly it was stated that it was just a tool available to the Devs & the creator of the video was granted a limited use. I thought it would be soooo cool to use that tool just to admire the reserves & watch the animations. When I saw the twitch stream right away I was wondering what the cost was going to be & what I was going to set my limit to pay for it. I was also trying to troubleshoot all of the "cons". Leaderboard cheats, comp cheats, etc.
I think it would be cool to use only in SP & not be able to exit that view to hunt, just use that session (hunt) for exploration. Someone mentioned something about letting us figure out spawn points, ok, I understand that somewhat.... I mean there are tons of threads in here of people asking & sharing tips on spawn areas - there is even a thread devoted to exactly that, here - https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=36090
I love this game. But I love playing this game, being able to do what I want in it without any game rules. I don't get a lot of enjoyment watching others play the game. Some people might, cool, there are a lot of great videos & live streams for that. I do watch some of the informative videos & I watch a little of the twitch stream sometimes but I usually end up shutting them off to actually play the game. If I have time to watch someone else playing the game....why don't I just use that time to play the game?
It's a shame that this very cool tool isn't available to the members. :?
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

If we make this tool available to the members, surely you must be able to understand what will happen? It will undermine the integrity of the game. People already complain about people with low graphics settings being allowed to compete. Imagine what would happen now.

Ron pretty much hit the nail on the head. Lots of you guys are to focused on yourself individually and don't see the big picture. This is another way to make the game more attractive to more players. Start focusing on the big picture, times are changing and we all need to as well ;)
Last edited by Tod1d on March 23rd, 2018, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed out of context comment after moderating topic
kateeye

Post by kateeye »

Hi,
This is an excellent tool. You could have two modes Hunter and Explorer. Only explorer can use this camera and enjoy the maps and study animal behavior etc. As this will not be available in hunting mode there will be no 'misuse'.

Return to “Live Broadcasting”