New Competition Camera

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: New Competition Camera

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TreeKiwi wrote:I Lots of you guys are to focused on yourself individually and don't see the big picture. Start focusing on the big picture, times are changing and we all need to as well ;)
You should worry about the big picture, not me. We don't all need to change as well, either. The caveat here since day one. Everyone is free to play the game as they choose. I choose to focus on me, individually. Who are you to say otherwise?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I'm not sure how this feature, if available to members, would undermine the integrity of the game. As I suggested, if it were available to use in a non-hunting, single player, session, there would be no harm to any competitions or any impact on anyone else's game at all.
The Dev's have done some amazing work on these reserves, when I see these "fly-over" clips I practically drool wanting to have that perspective. In the twitch stream, it was stated, a few times, how amazing the view was..... yeah I bet it is (drool). This drone view would enable me to really appreciate the work on these reserves & animals. That spot when TreeKiwi and twitch viewers heard that little grunt made when the Kangaroo (I think it was a Roo) finally dropped dead, was, as he said, something no one had probably ever heard before.
As much time as I spend hunting in this game (which unfortunately has diminished lately), I could easily see myself spending a lot more time soaring over the reserves, watching the animals & seeing parts of the map that I had never seen before.
Now, as far as getting more people interested in the game.... I'm all for it. And I agree, this camera will probably be very beneficial in that regard. As I stated before, I don't watch the streams or videos at length, they make me want to stop everything & go play for myself, but everyone is different there are countless people who do enjoy them. I have been involved in the game for many years & I still catch different techniques to use, when I watch others playing.
All in all, I see it being, another premium feature to make money, & a very amazing exploratory tool that wouldn't enable me to an upper hand in any way.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Great camera TK! Would be interesting if you guys would do a test and check on average how many trophy animals spawn in one hunt. Unless of course this is privileged information. ;)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

great bit of kit. means that live stream preview of new species where nothing shows up are a thing of the past. can get right up and personal now check out new content. a duck hunt from the perspective of the ducks could be great to watch
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:I Lots of you guys are to focused on yourself individually and don't see the big picture. Start focusing on the big picture, times are changing and we all need to as well ;)

that has got to be one of the worst quotes I have heard in awile..What do you think we have been posting here for years trying to get the devs to do.Work on the game and gameplay to make the game better.There have been numerous things that have been said and asked to be fixed in the game but never seems to get addressed,like the animals getting stuck;,things appearing or dissapearing in multi,the flickering of the spotting scope,revamping of some of the animals just to name a few.Who ever thought those bears looked real,really needs to look at some pics of them because they are bad.
I for one asked a couple years ago to put something in the huntermate to let you know when you harvest a animal the it was a rare, more so for the birds than any of the other animals but it would be nice for all especially for new people that start and really don't know.I was told then that that was in the works...THAT WAS 2 YEARS AGO. Aren't some of these thing in "THE BIGGER PICTURE" as you say? To try and improve the game.To me that is the bigger picture,to have a game that is supposed to be the most realistic hunting game on the web.
Yes you might get more people watching the streams saying ahh that looks cool want to give it a try only to come in and have a game full of problems?
Last edited by caledonianblues on March 23rd, 2018, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed comments about moderator actions
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I think the camera is deceptive, by showing off theHunter in views that members will never see, unless they watch a comp. It seems a bit worthless to me. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

walt133 wrote:Would be interesting if you guys would do a test and check on average how many trophy animals spawn in one hunt. Unless of course this is privileged information.
I'm sure a lot of people would want to know, but don't you think it would eliminate the element of mystery from the game?
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

A way for everybody to use the camera is if it is mafe possible to record a hunt ore part of it and when the hunt is finished it can be replayed with the camera and al the cameraposibilities can be used to make a new movie ore just to watch the hunt in a lot of different viues.
This posibilities has been abel in other plays I have played. The IL2 had this posibilities.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I think it is a good tool for the stream and other media that can be used by EW but it has no effect on the community so by asking us about it you have opened it up to complaints which you are seeing and it is even getting some people a timeout from the forums. I cannot see how this does anything for us.

The tool is great and I understand what you asked had nothing to do with the player base being able to use it but none the less it opened up the question as to why we can't and all the complaints that come along with the answer.
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I do think it is very unfair to ask players for their Ideas, and then criticize, or even worse ban them when they speak their minds about it.

You represent it as
So with the release of the new multiplayer camera
when in actuality it is not at all a MP camera, but an EW tool that will never be available for anyone in a MP game, unless an EW staff is available to operate it.

The tool is actually nothing new at all, as I remember years ago when Ron was able to use the camera to make some videos of new reserves, I really don't remember which reserves, or exactly when the videos were made, but they were, and I am sure Ron can furnish those dates.
Spoiler:

Return to “Live Broadcasting”