Recording / Streaming set up

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
TrueshotM
Scout

Recording / Streaming set up

Post by TrueshotM »

Hello fellow hunters! I'd like to start recording my hunts for YouTube videos and eventually getting a green screen and webcam so I can live stream. Can anyone suggest a good program to record with and some nice video editing software? I checked out Flinter TheHunters "How to Record Your Screen" Youtube video and he gave two good programs but I only qualify for one and it's $40 for anything past 10 secs worth of recording. Free ware would be nice, I heard rumors that you can do it through steam but I haven't found the feature.. Any advice or help is well appreciated. I'd like to start making a channel a.s.a.p. and join the YouTube community. Happy hunting everyone!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Recording / Streaming set up

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I don't have any knowledge about streaming but OBS studio might work for you. also check into you're video card software. I believe both AMD and NVidia have some sort of software that offers video streaming tools
Spoiler:
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

Ok thanks. I bought fraps once upon a time, gonna try and get that up and running again and see how that works these days.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Just like Ridgeback said OBS is your go to.

It might seem a bit complicated unless you know what you are doing as it has a lot of settings you can mess around with, but it’s not very hard to get going ;)

It’s also exeptional for streaming, and i think the majority of PC streamers use it

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

What is your graphic card (GPU)?
Personal Bests...
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

Fletchette wrote:What is your graphic card (GPU)?
I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5700 but I don't plan on using this set up for the videos. I'm gonna have to invest in some serious hardware and software. What's a good video editor? Adobe After FX?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects make a good combination, but they're not the easiest to use. That's not to say they're difficult, you just have to use them regularly or you get a bit rusty with them, then things take longer. I have a Creative Cloud subscription because I use Photoshop and Lightroom a lot, so I dabbled with Premiere Pro and After Effects when I made a YouTube video a while ago. It was a lot of work for a couple of minutes of footage. Was good fun though, but did involve a dozen hours to learn the applications.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

TrueshotM wrote:
Fletchette wrote:What is your graphic card (GPU)?
I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5700 but I don't plan on using this set up for the videos. I'm gonna have to invest in some serious hardware and software. What's a good video editor? Adobe After FX?
I asked because if you have or get a newer model Nvidia GTX card and use GeForce Experience, it comes free with ShadowPlay (Share), which records and streams using special hardware encoders built right on to the cards. This results in almost no drop in frame rate (FPS) while recording. For editing, there are good paid ones that others have mentioned, but for simply editing Windows Movie Maker is free and works fine most of the time.
Personal Bests...
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

Ok thanks everyone, helped a lot.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Fletchette wrote:I asked because if you have or get a newer model Nvidia GTX card and use GeForce Experience, it comes free with ShadowPlay (Share), which records and streams using special hardware encoders built right on to the cards. This results in almost no drop in frame rate (FPS) while recording.
There's a similar (free) recording software for modern Radeon cards called "ReLive". I don't know how the performance is compared to ShadowPlay, but it's easy to use.
Image Image Image

Return to “Live Broadcasting”