Recording / Streaming set up

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Recording / Streaming set up

Post by Fletchette »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Fletchette wrote:I asked because if you have or get a newer model Nvidia GTX card and use GeForce Experience, it comes free with ShadowPlay (Share), which records and streams using special hardware encoders built right on to the cards. This results in almost no drop in frame rate (FPS) while recording.
There's a similar (free) recording software for modern Radeon cards called "ReLive". I don't know how the performance is compared to ShadowPlay, but it's easy to use.
Good info, I didn't know that....
Personal Bests...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Fletchette wrote:
TrueshotM wrote:
Fletchette wrote:What is your graphic card (GPU)?
I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5700 but I don't plan on using this set up for the videos. I'm gonna have to invest in some serious hardware and software. What's a good video editor? Adobe After FX?
I asked because if you have or get a newer model Nvidia GTX card and use GeForce Experience, it comes free with ShadowPlay (Share), which records and streams using special hardware encoders built right on to the cards. This results in almost no drop in frame rate (FPS) while recording. For editing, there are good paid ones that others have mentioned, but for simply editing Windows Movie Maker is free and works fine most of the time.
cards pretty weak for recording.

obs is free can record / stream. hundreds of videos on youtube how to set up and use.
fraps is very simple and produces decent quality id say better quality than shadowplay but the files are huge and resouce hungry.
shadow play for nvidia cards is free very good because you get good quality for small file size with low performance hit.why many use it.

editing windows movie maker in recent window is removed.brilliant simple editing program if you havent updated and still have it. if you on win 10 upto date you wont have it or be able to access it. so the only real option without messing about is paid editing progs. sony vegas do a simple version for about £30/£40 similar dollars.adobe do premier which is dearer but better to use once you get used to how to do everything as caledonian said.
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

ronMctube wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
TrueshotM wrote: I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5700 but I don't plan on using this set up for the videos. I'm gonna have to invest in some serious hardware and software. What's a good video editor? Adobe After FX?
I asked because if you have or get a newer model Nvidia GTX card and use GeForce Experience, it comes free with ShadowPlay (Share), which records and streams using special hardware encoders built right on to the cards. This results in almost no drop in frame rate (FPS) while recording. For editing, there are good paid ones that others have mentioned, but for simply editing Windows Movie Maker is free and works fine most of the time.
cards pretty weak for recording.

obs is free can record / stream. hundreds of videos on youtube how to set up and use.
fraps is very simple and produces decent quality id say better quality than shadowplay but the files are huge and resouce hungry.
shadow play for nvidia cards is free very good because you get good quality for small file size with low performance hit.why many use it.

editing windows movie maker in recent window is removed.brilliant simple editing program if you havent updated and still have it. if you on win 10 upto date you wont have it or be able to access it. so the only real option without messing about is paid editing progs. sony vegas do a simple version for about £30/£40 similar dollars.adobe do premier which is dearer but better to use once you get used to how to do everything as caledonian said.
I stated the card would not be used for recording, that I'm investing in a whole new set up. Pretty weak for recording...lol this things a Dinosaur, pretty weak for anything. Appreciate the advice Ron, I've already started purchasing things and getting my set up going.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

what you going for ? classic doesnt need that high end gpu or cpu for upto 1920 res.1440/4k different story.

call of the wild is about twice as demanding recording / streaming wise.

must of missed you were not using that card.i did think he must be crazy with that card :lol: but didnt want to dim your enthusiasm ;)
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

ronMctube wrote:what you going for ? classic doesnt need that high end gpu or cpu for upto 1920 res.1440/4k different story.

call of the wild is about twice as demanding recording / streaming wise.

must of missed you were not using that card.i did think he must be crazy with that card :lol: but didnt want to dim your enthusiasm ;)
Lol, I wouldn't even stream Pac Man with this card. Hard to say right now, modem and router combo just took a dump and connection is going on and off, so now I have to invest in that first. I'll send you some private messages before making some purchases if I still need some help. I've been researching a lot but it really helps when you can just talk to someone directly who is already not only doing it but one of the most successful people out there. Thanks again everyone, if I need any more information I'll ask you guys directly now that I know who to ask. Happy Hunting!
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

OBS is what I use and its totally Free!!!
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

Viva...

I was looking for something similar, but just to do some recording- I do not have hardware and a internet connection to do streaming- so I turned my atention to OBS...
It is very good and the learning curve is fast to manage, in my opinion... It took only a 15minutes Youtube tutorial to learn the basics and voilá- first videos made, with graphics, webcam, sound and footage of the hunt all in one :)

OF course if you want, you can start messing with all the options in the settings - there is a lot, I mean a LOT! but for the basic recording, you won't need much!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I can't speak for Nvidia but AMD Radeon Relive is certainly not weak for recording or streaming. It works very well for both, and is extremely simple to use.
Spoiler:

Return to “Live Broadcasting”