PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
User avatar
Seiska
Tracker
Posts: 209
Joined: July 20th, 2013, 5:09 am
Location: Washington

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby Seiska » December 8th, 2017, 4:26 am

Loved the stream, after going back and watching it!

I've seen some people saying that they don't like the water bottle mechanic. I personally like it. It's free and just a click of a button, absolutely nothing that would break anybody's concentration or ruin someone's day. I'd also like to say - just because some people are complaining about it, that doesn't make it a bad idea. People who are satisfied with something tend to speak up less than those who have something they need to criticize. They're all valid points, but that's just my two cents. ;P

This map is absolutely gorgeous! Excited for the new creatures, and especially for the rare animals getting their rare antlers/horns. The fur details and textures are beautiful, too.
Will we be seeing creatures of the past getting updated model textures/fur and rare antler/horn additions sometime in the future?
"I’ll have dirt on my feet and stars in my eyes.
I’ll be in the forest where the earth comes alive."
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2149
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby TreeKiwi » December 8th, 2017, 4:41 am

Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm sorry for being so miserable about it - and you're right that we should wait and see how it works. What annoys me is the fact that I find it hard to believe that the devs really did this for gameplay reasons. I still suspect it's done to squeeze out a bit more money for clothes and water bottles.

Don't be sorry mate, everyone is free to feel how they like about the game. I am merely trying to point out some things to think about and the fact that it wont impede on your hunt, unless like you say you hunt for a long length. But then all you need to do is have a little sip on your bottle and you are good to go again. Especially if you are hunting slow and properly, or in a tree stand. You wont notice much at all. You could see in the live stream yesterday that the affects dropped off lots just when we were waiting for animals to come in. So while you lay down and wait for an animal its working like real life, you rest. The water bottle is free and replenishes, but like the ammo if you need more, you can actually buy another water bottle. But I know you and you don't usually hunt this long ;) . Its purely about us going 'Here's an amazing map, its in the tropics, we want you to know you are in the tropics.' Not ohhh lets be like Nestle and change everyone for water :P . There is new camo with the map as you saw last night, but so does every map. This one just has a bonus feature with it :)

Tanngnjostr wrote:Also this seems to be another mechanism that punishes those who like to have long, extended hunts. Players that like to restart their game every 15 minutes will never be affected, right? So while we're speaking of realism, how about introducing some realistic aspects that cater for "old school hunters" too? Like a limited number of hunts per day or tag limits? Wouldn't that be a good idea for the next events?

Imagine you buy a game, any game. But the developers are like, you can only use it 3 times a day and if you don't play for over an hour at a time we will penalise you. People here are losing it over the fact we added a water bottle to the game and now you want to add a mechanic that dictates how and when you can play a game? :P . On the other hand... the new mechanic will punish the run and gun style of play... so that got to be a win in some peoples eyes.

Knut, you asked for my opinion on if I would like to need to pee and poo in the game. I gave you that, I didn't expect you to start sharing your thoughts on the fact that I would like to see that... its off topic and just a little passive aggressive.

You know the other thing that your professor might have left out, that sometimes people with opinions are the minority... Its not going to impede your game play, just relax. I think we should just agree to disagree, because I like and respect your opinions, but I feel like this might start getting nasty.

TK
User avatar
Knut
Outfitter
Posts: 4847
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby Knut » December 8th, 2017, 5:07 am

TreeKiwi wrote:Knut, you asked for my opinion on if I would like to need to pee and poo in the game. I gave you that, I didn't expect you to start sharing your thoughts on the fact that I would like to see that... its off topic and just a little passive aggressive.


By no means did I intend to disrespect your views. If you'd like to see that in the game, fair enough.
I find the idea of having to deal with any real life banalities in the game very little enticing, that's all. And I guess I'd be in the majority, but I might be totally wrong.
Sorry you took that so personally, that wasn't intended at all and I'm frankly a little puzzled that it was percievable in that way.

TreeKiwi wrote:You know the other thing that your professor might have left out, that sometimes people with opinions are the minority.

That opinion minority/majority thing isn't really a part of scientific thinking. One is entitled to an opinion only up to the point when facts are known. It's not a democratic decision of who's going to be right or wrong, but time will tell. That's why he left that out.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
User avatar
fantamichele
Scout
Posts: 472
Joined: July 2nd, 2014, 11:02 am
Location: Italy - Umbria

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby fantamichele » December 8th, 2017, 5:25 am

A technical question: can you know if there are special tents for this reserve :?:

Image
User avatar
nachthexe
Scout
Posts: 455
Joined: July 5th, 2014, 5:37 am
Location: Germany

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby nachthexe » December 8th, 2017, 5:50 am

Heat stroke in a wet, high humidity environment with a jungle where the sun normally does not even reach the ground?
Really what do you want to force us to buy this time? A canteen?
User avatar
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter
Posts: 8586
Joined: July 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm
Location: Moguntia

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby Tanngnjostr » December 8th, 2017, 5:53 am

TreeKiwi wrote:Imagine you buy a game, any game. But the developers are like, you can only use it 3 times a day and if you don't play for over an hour at a time we will penalise you. People here are losing it over the fact we added a water bottle to the game and now you want to add a mechanic that dictates how and when you can play a game? :P . On the other hand... the new mechanic will punish the run and gun style of play... so that got to be a win in some peoples eyes.

Actually I was just trying to be a little sarcastic about the realism argument here - I would hate a limit of how many animals I can bag or how often I can start a hunt. Although it could be a way to make certain events cater more for certain hunting styles - let's say we have the Christmas event for the "hard-core players" that love to grind and we have other events that have a bag limit or a rather strict attempt limit for people who love to play a different way. That's off-topic here, but maybe I'll post it later in the suggestions forum. ;)

Anyway, I see that some players also like the dehydration mechanics, so maybe I'm just in a minority here and I can live with it. And you might be right about the run&gun style of play - although you could prevent this much better if you just increased the weapon wobble significantly after running - on every reserve, like CotW does it. Well... bring on the water bottles!

PS @Mat: Enjoy the merits of being a community manager! I'm sure that the big boss has a few hints how to deal with people like us - after all, she had your job when the WRR release went not-so-smooth! :lol:

TreeKiwi wrote:But I know you and you don't usually hunt this long ;) .
Now that was outright nasty! :o
Image
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2149
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby TreeKiwi » December 8th, 2017, 6:04 am

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Imagine you buy a game, any game. But the developers are like, you can only use it 3 times a day and if you don't play for over an hour at a time we will penalise you. People here are losing it over the fact we added a water bottle to the game and now you want to add a mechanic that dictates how and when you can play a game? :P . On the other hand... the new mechanic will punish the run and gun style of play... so that got to be a win in some peoples eyes.

Actually I was just trying to be a little sarcastic about the realism argument here - I would hate a limit of how many animals I can bag or how often I can start a hunt. Although it could be a way to make certain events cater more for certain hunting styles - let's say we have the Christmas event for the "hard-core players" that love to grind and we have other events that have a bag limit or a rather strict attempt limit for people who love to play a different way. That's off-topic here, but maybe I'll post it later in the suggestions forum. ;)

Anyway, I see that some players also like the dehydration mechanics, so maybe I'm just in a minority here and I can live with it. And you might be right about the run&gun style of play - although you could prevent this much better if you just increased the weapon wobble significantly after running - on every reserve, like CotW does it. Well... bring on the water bottles!

PS @Mat: Enjoy the merits of being a community manager! I'm sure that the big boss has a few hints how to deal with people like us - after all, she had your job when the WRR release went not-so-smooth! :lol:

TreeKiwi wrote:But I know you and you don't usually hunt this long ;) .
Now that was outright nasty! :o


Hahaha its all good :) I am open and honest and happy to get into some good discussion. But as soon as it starts going around in circles or what have you I will bail out :) . The big boss has been a great help that's for sure :D

I like that idea actually about the events, not sure how they would implement it though. Put it in the suggestions forum :p
User avatar
Knut
Outfitter
Posts: 4847
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby Knut » December 14th, 2017, 10:08 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:I really think people are getting worked up over something they haven't tried them selves yet.

Having tried it now I have to say it's way worse than I imagined it to be.
Close to being a game-breaking annoyance. And I fail to see the gain.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2149
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby TreeKiwi » December 15th, 2017, 2:43 am

Knut wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:I really think people are getting worked up over something they haven't tried them selves yet.

Having tried it now I have to say it's way worse than I imagined it to be.
Close to being a game-breaking annoyance. And I fail to see the gain.


Can't please everyone I guess. Not sure how you hunt or what clothes you have on? I streamed for 4 hours yesterday and after 1hr 45mins I still couldn't make myself faint and decided to use a bottle charge to show everyone how the animation worked. I then sprinted constantly for about an hour and 20m trying to find the big Sambar and couldn't make myself faint. I am super curious to know what you are wearing and how you hunt? I even had people saying, "it doesn't affect my hunt what so ever" and "I am glad the warm weather game play is no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be, I hardly notice it". I also didn't even have the full Tropical Camo on yesterday.
User avatar
Ravenousfox
Outfitter
Posts: 1842
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:34 pm
Location: Australia

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby Ravenousfox » December 15th, 2017, 3:17 am

TreeKiwi wrote:
Knut wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:I really think people are getting worked up over something they haven't tried them selves yet.

Having tried it now I have to say it's way worse than I imagined it to be.
Close to being a game-breaking annoyance. And I fail to see the gain.


Can't please everyone I guess. Not sure how you hunt or what clothes you have on? I streamed for 4 hours yesterday and after 1hr 45mins I still couldn't make myself faint and decided to use a bottle charge to show everyone how the animation worked. I then sprinted constantly for about an hour and 20m trying to find the big Sambar and couldn't make myself faint. I am super curious to know what you are wearing and how you hunt? I even had people saying, "it doesn't affect my hunt what so ever" and "I am glad the warm weather game play is no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be, I hardly notice it". I also didn't even have the full Tropical Camo on yesterday.

I'm pretty sure Knut is just saying he doesn't like the water bottle system regardless.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNCfpYfIwzRQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/ravenous___fox/profile

Return to “Live Broadcasting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest