PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
User avatar
Knut
Outfitter
Posts: 4847
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby Knut » December 15th, 2017, 4:41 am

TreeKiwi wrote:[Not sure how you hunt or what clothes you have on?

Freeroam-stalking and tracking. I'm basically always on the move, about 2/3 normal walking, 1/3 crouch walking.
All while wearing the full tropical camo and a standard backpack loaded to nearly full capacity.
I normally start my hunts around 11 o'clock. Don't know whether time of day makes a difference in ambient temperature.

TreeKiwi wrote: I then sprinted constantly for about an hour and 20m trying to find the big Sambar and couldn't make myself faint.

I haven't reached the point of getting any messages or fainting, either. But the ripple effect at the screen's corners makes me feel slightly nauseous way before and I am certain will give me a headache after a while.
First time it appeared, I left it until I couldn't stand it any more. Don't know how long that took, maybe half an hour to 3/4?
After that I took asip of water as soon as it appeared at the corner of the screen, which is after 10-15mins.

TreeKiwi wrote:Can't please everyone I guess.

Certainly barely ever. Not even with free ice cream.
But are you sure you're pleasing a significant majority? If I am the odd one despising it, I'll gladly shut up about it. My take from the forum is that praise and critics are 50/50 at best, though.



Ravenousfox wrote:I'm pretty sure Knut is just saying he doesn't like the water bottle system regardless.

And I'm pretty sure you don't know me well enough to come to such a conclusion.

If you like that game mechanics, fair enough. Feel free to say so. And at every occasion you deem fit. This forum needs positive feedback more than anything.
But please do so without being dismissive.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
User avatar
Ravenousfox
Outfitter
Posts: 1911
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:34 pm
Location: Australia

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby Ravenousfox » December 15th, 2017, 5:13 am

Knut wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:I'm pretty sure Knut is just saying he doesn't like the water bottle system regardless.

And I'm pretty sure you don't know me well enough to come to such a conclusion.

If you like that game mechanics, fair enough. Feel free to say so. And at every occasion you deem fit. This forum needs positive feedback more than anything.
But please do so without being dismissive.


I don't know what you're going on about, I was just trying to clarify to Tree Kiwi that no matter what you're wearing you just don't like the Water bottle system.
My intention wasn't to be dismissive of your discussion.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNCfpYfIwzRQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/ravenous___fox/profile
User avatar
Knut
Outfitter
Posts: 4847
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby Knut » December 15th, 2017, 5:23 am

Ravenousfox wrote:
I don't know what you're going on about, I was just trying to clarify to Tree Kiwi that no matter what you're wearing you just don't like the Water bottle system.
My intention wasn't to be dismissive of your discussion.

Sorry, I read that as you saying I'd dislike the drinking system regardless of having tried it and regardless of how it really turned out to work.

But yeah, I guess I dislike it regardless of clothing choice given that I dislike it while wearing the optimal clothes for it. :lol:
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2257
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: PRE RELEASE LIVESTREAM - New reserve

Postby TreeKiwi » December 15th, 2017, 5:33 am

Knut wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote: I then sprinted constantly for about an hour and 20m trying to find the big Sambar and couldn't make myself faint.

I haven't reached the point of getting any messages or fainting, either. But the ripple effect at the screen's corners makes me feel slightly nauseous way before and I am certain will give me a headache after a while.
First time it appeared, I left it until I couldn't stand it any more. Don't know how long that took, maybe half an hour to 3/4?
After that I took asip of water as soon as it appeared at the corner of the screen, which is after 10-15mins.


I have to agree with you here, when we were testing it I got very sick actually. So we are tuning it and at the moment I sometimes feel sick, but can push through it. If we get too many complaints about this then maybe we can re visit it. :)

Good discussion mate :)

Return to “Live Broadcasting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest