I like some advice on a game recording software

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
beau_76
Scout

I like some advice on a game recording software

Post by beau_76 »

Hi All I like some advice on a game recording software
here are my system spec
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Video Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Video Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

I have tried obs bandicam action recorder
Thanks for any advice Beau
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: I like some advice on a game recording software

Post by Fletchette »

n9mfk9 wrote:Hi All I like some advice on a game recording software
here are my system spec
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Video Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Video Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

I have tried obs bandicam action recorder
Thanks for any advice Beau
I'll leave software suggestions to others with more experience, but if you upgrade your video card to an NVidia 600 series or above, you can use NVidia's free ShadowPlay recording system. It uses chips built into the cards, and allows great recording with almost no FPS (Frames per Second) hit or performance hit. It has both a manual recording mode, and a DVR style recording mode. The quality is very good.

It also has built-in streaming capability to Twitch, if that's something you're interested in.

And of course, upgrading to a newer more powerful card will also give you better FPS on higher in-game graphics settings and resolutions. It's worth considering.
Personal Bests...
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

If you're looking for something simple for live streaming that doesn't use much as far as resources go, check out Xslpit Gamecaster. Shadowplay is great too, if your card supports it. It does have some known issues though, one of which affects me, where it doesn't record audio for some reason.
JessyHauff
Tracker

Post by JessyHauff »

ive always used obs. I find you just have to tweak a few things to get the fps going proper. for me I have to turn the preview off. run minimal things in the background. Im not able to stream the hunter and a audio channel in the background. I hope to upgrade eventually. Im running windows 7 64 bit. i7 3770, amd radeon hd7470 2gig card. 8 gig ram. 2 TB hdd. but I use wifi. I find a simple layover in obs not on preview with a couple addons for followers and such and I hit 40 fps. which should be decent for getting into streaming. IF you veiwers wanna see u on a better system and improve the stream that's what subs are for man :) Good luck. let me know if you need any help on graphics or anything and ill check ur stream out when your up and running. cheers.
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

i took fletchettes advice on this one a while back and its great... other than having to clean my hard drive of recordings now giving me space issues lol
beau_76
Scout

Post by beau_76 »

Hi JessyHauff,
I liked obs the only thing was there was no way to no if its record when your in game that i could find
did i miss some thing?
thanks beau
JessyHauff
Tracker

Post by JessyHauff »

well I run duel monitor so I want watching it on the other screen. u can right click on the screen in obs and view priview which shows what ur stream looks like, but I turn the preview off to help with my fps. it also shows what ur currently streaming for fps. a simple youtube tutorial to make sure u have it set up optimally is best. its what I used. im always messing with it. later tonight I will be streaming and you can check out my obs layover im using
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Fletchette wrote:I'll leave software suggestions to others with more experience, but if you upgrade your video card to an NVidia 600 series or above, you can use NVidia's free ShadowPlay recording system.
I use it too for a while now, and it's amazing. +1.
beau_76
Scout

Post by beau_76 »

Hi JessyHauff, What do you mean by simple youtube tutorial ?
JessyHauff wrote:well I run duel monitor so I want watching it on the other screen. u can right click on the screen in obs and view priview which shows what ur stream looks like, but I turn the preview off to help with my fps. it also shows what ur currently streaming for fps. a simple youtube tutorial to make sure u have it set up optimally is best. its what I used. im always messing with it. later tonight I will be streaming and you can check out my obs layover im using
Last edited by beau_76 on March 14th, 2016, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I use OBS Studio and stream at 3000 bit rate. I play the hunter at 1920x1080 but stream it at 720p 60 FPS. My internet upload speed is 20 mbit/second. Works for me.

Return to “Live Broadcasting”