theHunter Community Livestream Project!!!

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
BillytheCrayon
Scout

theHunter Community Livestream Project!!!

Post by BillytheCrayon »

Guys, this is a new project I wish to start. I am hoping people would wish to get involved.

For more information, check out the Youtube vid pitching the Project here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwBHNFtGOIg

If you are interested in participating, either as a viewer, or a streamer, please read on, and check out the channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/thehuntercommunity

What is theHunterCommunity Project?

This is an experimental project that is being launched, to attempt to drive more viewers towards people, who are streaming theHunter.

How does it work?

Simple. I find a twitch streamer, who is currently broadcasting theHunter. I check to make sure they are decent quality, and friendly, and I Host their stream on this channel.

twitch.tv's Host Mode Explained!

Host Mode allows channel managers to host other people's stream, on their channel. Any viewers on, and watching the hoster's stream at the time, will then start seeing the stream that is being hosted. that broadcaster will get credit for all of the views that the hoster is driving to his channel.

Hosting someone elses stream will also provide a link to their channel, as well as a follow button, and if they are a twitch partner, a subscribe button as well.

So you are not going to stream videos on this channel?

Mostly, no! This is strictly for hosting.

So what are you asking of me, the viewer?

Just every now and then, or as frequently as you like, feel free to check this page out, if you want to watch a theHunter stream. I will try to provide exposure for a large number of broadcasters. Even if there is nothing being streamed, feel free to stay and lurk in this channel. When I find a theHunter stream, and host it, you will automatically start seeing the new stream, and you will count as a viewer. Feel free to hang out and chat it up, or just check it from time to time, when you're in the mood to check out a livestream. Also, when there are multiple streamers playing in the same game, I plan on using this channel to swap between POV's of the various streamers.

Will you host my livestream?

If you are streaming theHunter at the time, and I, or anyone else I give the power to, see's your stream, you will automatically be considered for being hosted. I, or someone else may pop in, to say hi, or to watch your stream, If it appears tasteful, and suitable for most theHunter livestreamers (no overly excessive swearing, using racial slurs, and it is kept relatively clean), We may host your stream.

So I can't swear on my own livestream? Yes, you can swear, but I don't want to be exposing people to someone who swears every second word, or being otherwise overly vulgar. We all swear from time to time. Especially when that doe just walks right up on ya, while you're stalking your prey. I just want to help promote streamers who are friendly, and relatively civil, to other human beings.

Do I need to do anything special, to get you to host my stream?

Not really. Just be streaming theHunter. I am going to try not to pick favorites. But I will be looking for a good quality stream to host. So If you are not streaming at 720, and someone else is, they may have a higher chance than you. But also, I want to support smaller guys, so if you are new to streaming theHunter, I may opt to pick that channel.

Can I host someone else's channel?

I encourage everyone to host other people's streams. It provides them with an extra source of viewers, at no cost to yourself. And the more I see people participating, the more praise and exposure they will receive from me.

You type /host (channel name) to start hosting. You type /unhost, to stop hosting.

Any more questions? ask! This post will be updated as more interest, and questions appear.

Some last minute points. This is completely for you guys. I am making no money off of this project, nor am I getting anything from Expansive worlds. I have been in contact with theHunter's community manager, Alena Rybik. And she gave her blessing to the project.
StefyNyck
Spotter

Re: theHunter Community Livestream Project!!!

Post by StefyNyck »

Billy I have nothing but RESPECT for you my man. This what you're doing is HUGE!
I will support this action of yours and I will take part as a viewer and I hope as a broadcaster too. Cheers!
BillytheCrayon
Scout

Post by BillytheCrayon »

StefyNyck wrote:Billy I have nothing but RESPECT for you my man. This what you're doing is HUGE!
I will support this action of yours and I will take part as a viewer and I hope as a broadcaster too. Cheers!
I've seen some of your vids dude, I would definitely host your stream.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

I will support this too. Think its an awesome idea!

One suggestion. I think it would be good to start a few seconds a stream before hosting. This way all suscribers get a notification that there is something goin on.

And a tip how to use the host function too: When you have a bad upstream (like i have) i can join someone else who streams with good quality and simply host his stream on my channel.
BillytheCrayon
Scout

Post by BillytheCrayon »

Forst_Held wrote:I will support this too. Think its an awesome idea!

One suggestion. I think it would be good to start a few seconds a stream before hosting. This way all suscribers get a notification that there is something goin on.

And a tip how to use the host function too: When you have a bad upstream (like i have) i can join someone else who streams with good quality and simply host his stream on my channel.
Good ideas. I won't always be able to stream before hosting, because sometimes I will be managing everything from my phone at work. but when I'm home, I will be doing that.
Nightmare
Hunter

Post by Nightmare »

Very nice idea! I normally stream my hunts along with a couple other games. My downside is that I normally play at night after the rugrats are in the bed so I almost never have voice chat/commentary.
BillytheCrayon
Scout

Post by BillytheCrayon »

Nightmare wrote:Very nice idea! I normally stream my hunts along with a couple other games. My downside is that I normally play at night after the rugrats are in the bed so I almost never have voice chat/commentary.
Send me a message whenever you are getting ready to stream.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Raid
Tracker

Post by Raid »

Wish you all luck ! Great IDEA !!
Edit : I see that the twitch channel has no banners and profile pic , you want help with that , i am good at photoshop :)
Raid
Tracker

Post by Raid »

Nightmare wrote:Very nice idea! I normally stream my hunts along with a couple other games. My downside is that I normally play at night after the rugrats are in the bed so I almost never have voice chat/commentary.
You channel is great but you have to change The name of the game when playing from theHunter to The Hunter , baucause tha game is searched more like that get me ? the name really matters
BillytheCrayon
Scout

Post by BillytheCrayon »

Raid wrote:
You channel is great but you have to change The name of the game when playing from theHunter to The Hunter , baucause tha game is searched more like that get me ? the name really matters

It sucks that its set up like that. I wish twitch would change it to be "theHunter", as that is the official spelling for it. But we must make do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Return to “Live Broadcasting”