integration of information on a stream

Broadcast live hunts, want to watch a live broadcast, have question about how to broadcast, this is where you can post it.
Novalc

integration of information on a stream

Post by Novalc »

Hello,
I have an ongoing project to promote the games. And I am looking for a solution to improve the experience that I can bring to potential players. Therefore, I am looking for any information that could help me achieve this goal. Currently I would like to know if we can retrieve real-time information from a hunting party on the hunter classic. For example: the map we are playing on, the number of animals sampled ...

Thank you very much for any advice you can give me.
pastuh
Scout

Re: integration of information on a stream

Post by pastuh »

It's possible, but I know share data outside thehunter website is forbidden.
Novalc

Post by Novalc »

Hello,
It's a shame it's forbidden. Thank you for this information. The goal is to make this game as attractive as possible. But if we don't have the authorization to do so, I'll try to find another solution. Thank you ! and good hunting!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

pastuh wrote:It's possible, but I know share data outside thehunter website is forbidden.
The "Proprietary Rights" clause really needs a specific list of exceptions. Players frequently share screenshots, trophy pictures, score sheets, publicly available hunt data, live streams of the game outside of theHunter official channels (Steam, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Fan sites, etc...) without retribution.

I believe what you're asking for would be perfectly acceptable, although you were not very specific in what you were asking for.

The person streaming can use F3 in an MP hunt to display some statistics about the current hunt. They can use the "M" key to display the map. I presume they also know which reserve they are on, so could share that information themselves. What, exactly is it that you are looking to automate?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Novalc

Post by Novalc »

Hi,
It is true that it is difficult to know what is possible to do or not. So I will try to be precise, for example I would like to have information that appears during my streams. This is for educational purposes, as my goal is to promote the games. I think for people to have basic information about the current map would be a good idea.
So I have two possibilities, either I do it manually but very hard to set up. Or find a way that this information is updated as the current game loads. The information that I would like to see appear is primarily intended for the person who would not know the game: Reserves - huntable animals - weapons used - (equipment). So the viewer can see what is possible.
Yesterday I had a new player and I put everything in place to answer the question he had. And even, this kind of video allows other older players to be motivated to play on the map in question.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Maybe what I'm missing is "Where do you want the information to appear?", because you can display most of that information on the game screen while you're playing.

You choose the reserve when you start the game, you can show the audience the map, the inventory, the current weapon (or ammo) is displayed in the lower right of the screen.

If you want it displayed outside of the video, or in the chat, couldn't you just create a file with the information so it's easy to copy/paste it when you go live?
Novalc

Post by Novalc »

I did a quick example to show exactly what I was thinking. Because often people don't really ask for information. In addition, they are not necessarily there when I prepare my map or my equipment. But hey, I know it's complex, but as I see that there was information available, I was just as wondering about people who know. I even wondered if the callers wouldn't have been more helpful.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

OK, now I see. You could automate getting the currently carried weapons by using an API call to access your inventory. (hardly worth the effort for 1-3 weapons)
The reserve & animals could be stored in a static array that allow you to set those icons with one click or command.

The challenge, I think would be setting it up in an overlay. I've seen overlays used in streams so I'm sure it's possible. But I don't stream so would have no idea how to set it up.
I'm imagining a bot that can change the icons displayed in the overlay. So you type something like "@hunterbot reserve RFF" to set the reserve & animals, and "@hunterbot weapon .300" to display a weapon. Or there may be an easier interface available with the overlay software. ??

You'd have to capture all the images & set up the icons and labels ahead of time, but those are readily available on theHunter website or the Wiki.
Novalc

Post by Novalc »

Hi,
Thank you very much for your answers. I ended up finding a solution: D. I used my information, which I use to hunt, as I created myself a file for it. From there I created captures of this information that I simply integrated into my software, and with shortcut keys I display the current reserve. The result seems to please, I still hope to improve the readability a little, but it is true that for new or future players, this information is sufficient. On the other hand, I would not stop to find something else that will allow me to further improve the quality.

Return to “Live Broadcasting”