German Translation

Feedback on German localization.
Daimaju
Scout

Re: German Translation

Post by Daimaju »

@Monaco Steve
are you kinda responsible for the German translations?
There is still so much to do, all the equipment is still English. I would believe all of this could be quick and easily fixed?

Anyways, I wish to help and be useful and add some translations for the "German stuff":
(The following is shown bottom right corner when equipping a weapon/item)
12 GA Buckshot shells = Kaliber 12/76 Rehposten
12 GA Birdshot shells = Kaliber 12/76 Vogelschrot
12 GA Slug shells = Kaliber 12/76 Flintenlaufgeschoss

8x42mm Binoculars = 8x42mm Fernglas
Roe Deer Caller = Rehblatter
Red Deer Caller = Rotwildlocker
Predator Caller = Raubwildlocker
Hog Caller = Schwarzwildlocker
Hog Scent Spray = Schwarzwild Lockmittel
Roe Deer Scent = Rehwild Lockmittel

Small details, but I think only a complete translation is a good one. To find a mixture of English and German is quite annoying, especially while playing a "German Hunter" with the according weapons, equipment and animals to hunt.
I will edit this list. I actually would wish the dev-team would hand me the raw file(s) for the German localization, I would be happy to translate it all. I mean all of it. Every single word. I just want it done! :lol:
Welsch
Outfitter

Post by Welsch »

Where do you find those missing translations? In-game? Because in the store all the equipment you mentioned is properly translated - so I guess all the translated strings are in the database already. If they are not used in-game, than that is something that the Devs will need to fix in a future update...
Daimaju
Scout

Post by Daimaju »

Welsch wrote:Where do you find those missing translations? In-game? Because in the store all the equipment you mentioned is properly translated - so I guess all the translated strings are in the database already. If they are not used in-game, than that is something that the Devs will need to fix in a future update...
Daimaju wrote:(The following is shown bottom right corner when equipping a weapon/item)
Welsch
Outfitter

Post by Welsch »

Guess I have to clean my glasses once in a while - I missed that small print. So, it is in-game... weird, I have to check next time I open a game, I honestly didn't notice.
But as I said, if it is missing in-game, it is not so much a matter of translating the text (that was done already), but for the game to actually use those translations. That puts the ball squarely into the Developer's field.
Daimaju
Scout

Post by Daimaju »

Welsch wrote:Guess I have to clean my glasses once in a while - I missed that small print. So, it is in-game... weird, I have to check next time I open a game, I honestly didn't notice.
But as I said, if it is missing in-game, it is not so much a matter of translating the text (that was done already), but for the game to actually use those translations. That puts the ball squarely into the Developer's field.
No worries, I kinda hid it very good :lol:
Well yeah, I guessed so. Hopefully they will. Won't hold my breath though...
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Daimaju wrote:No worries, I kinda hid it very good :lol:
Well yeah, I guessed so. Hopefully they will. Won't hold my breath though...
Everything you name is fully translated, Daimaju. There is nothing from my side I could do in addition. The problem is: EW has to manually implement all these strings in the right positions withing both the game client and the web. Recently, a lot of stuff even dropped out from that instead, for reasons I do not know. I have already told developers about the problem. They have to solve it at this point, not me... :(
Teddymonster

Post by Teddymonster »

I have found an error in the German translation. It missing on Redfeather Falls at Darkwood Lodge description the Blacktail.

Lg Teddymonster
CowboyFromHell

Post by CowboyFromHell »

The description is right. Blacktails do not spawn on the Darkwood lodge. This lodge has Whitetails, Roosevelt Elk and Black Bears (in the northern parts)
You´ll see Blacktails at that lodge after a few hours played but not when the session is started ;)
Teddymonster

Post by Teddymonster »

CowboyFromHell wrote:The description is right. Blacktails do not spawn on the Darkwood lodge. This lodge has Whitetails, Roosevelt Elk and Black Bears (in the northern parts)
You´ll see Blacktails at that lodge after a few hours played but not when the session is started ;)
But in the English description can be found Blacktail on darkwood lodge so it is an error in the translation. ;)
How are new players know that there are blacktail find when it is not listed ?

Greetz Teddymonster

Return to “German”