This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Every time I log in, I have to key in password and user name infinite number of times before the Forum page opens. Not sure why. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Log in

Post by Tod1d »

Should just be twice, and the first one doesn't count. I just type a, a... submit. Then on the 2nd page with the captcha ("n"), enter the real values.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yes, usually only twice- lately tho' been thrice or more... I refreshed the browser this time. Maybe next time I login it'll be the normal twice. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

I use the link on theHunter Classic browser page and it takes me directly to the Forums without needing to log in again.

I used to get the "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts." message all the time before I switched to doing it this way. It might work for your issue too.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Had the same issue t'day- could be my keyboard, it has taken a pounding lately.... here a word, there a word, everywhere a word word, ol' BCKidd's keyboard has taken a pounding ei ei oooo. :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

This has been a problem with this forum for years.
They never fix, they probably can't.
I remember making this very same complaint at least five years ago.
Yes, if you shut down the forum and open it up again, they will ask you the bot question, but you will get in.
But trying to get in otherwise will not work.
Probably the most frustrating part of the entire game is this problem!
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Many don't have this problem me including, so it is not on the server end, it is on your computer's end.

Try deleting the according cookies. You can select them for deletion and do not need to delete all others. Then log in once more and the cookie will be renewed.

Whether you start the forum from theHunter website or from one of your favorites makes no difference whatsoever. It is the same link.

Just make sure you don't have any fancy subpages linked in your favorite, but just this: http://forum.thehunter.com.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

Thanks for the reply, Hoocairs.
I have given up even trying from my mobile phone, but I did try logging in from my PC.
The notice of "too many attempts, so tell us the 3rd letter in Hunter" question still appears.
I typed N and then logged straight in.
So...I have no idea what my password is as it is a series of dots with no seeing eye, but at least it is the correct password.
I have just learnt to accept that this question is part of logging in to this forum.
At least it works.
Spoiler:

Return to “Miscellaneous”