Bobcat mission 9 completed with wrong requirements

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
Villkatta
Outfitter

Bobcat mission 9 completed with wrong requirements

Post by Villkatta »

Game Mode: Single Player

Description: Bobcat Mission 9 has the following requirements: "Harvest a male Bobcat with a score of 8 or higher at 100% Harvest Value while it's fleeing."
However, I just completed the mission with a Bobcat that was walking, not fleeing. The other requirements were met. Here's the score sheet to the Bobcat I shot that completed the mission: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... /621055245

Steps to reproduce: Activate Bobcat mission 9 and harvest a Bobcat that meets all requirements, but is walking instead of fleeing.

gas56
Outfitter

Re: Bobcat mission 9 completed with wrong requirements

Post by gas56 »

I have shot a few Bobcats while they were walking but on the score sheet it is logged that they were idle with all other requirements filled but the activated
mission did not fill the objective for Bobcat Mission 9. The state of the animal may be off sync a little?
dougrf

Post by dougrf »

Bug Report
Game Mode: Occurred in SP
Hunter Name: dougrf

Description:
The Bobcat Mission #9 "Run, Bobcat, Run!" requires: Harvest a male Bobcat with a score of 8 or higher at 100% Harvest Value while it's fleeing.
I harvested a Bobcat with a shot that met all requirements but the mission didn't complete.

Steps to Reproduce:
Harvest a male Bobcat with a score of 8 or higher at 100% Harvest Value while it's fleeing.

Additional Information:
I did it in Logger's Point, I was stalking it for a long time, the animal spooked and ran towards the shore. I shot 2 times consecutively with the .243 and missed the first one, hit the second shot while it was running away from the shore. When I checked with the Huntermate all requirements seemed fullfiled. The box confirming the mission didn't appeared.

Link to the bobcat I harvested:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/doug ... /758320816

Links that present other people talking about having issues with this mission:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... t&start=10
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... lit=bobcat

REQUEST:
If the bug is confirmed and If it is possible check my mission so I can do the next one, please.

My Computer
Platform: PC Desktop
OS & Version: Windows 10 Home 64bit
herajika
Tracker

What is fleeing state?

Post by herajika »

I mean beside the obvious that animal is running from you and you can read "fleeing" on its track by huntermate.

I ask because of this bobcat:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hera ... /758649999

Harvesting him completed second to last bobcat mission "Run, bobcat, run", which requires " fleeing" state. And yet it obviously was not fleeing, in fact it was walking right towards the caller. Is it just a bug or there's something strange with "fleeing" state in general?
xOEDragonx

Re: What is fleeing state?

Post by xOEDragonx »

It sounds like the mission is a bit backwards, it has now been reported that non-fleeing bobcats will complete it and fleeing bobcats will not. I will add your post to the bug report for this mission so devs can narrow down the cause of this issue.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

It seems that it is still not completely fixed.
At the beginning of the year, I did it the mission on a fleeting Bobcat - all fine.
Today I was waiting for a Bobcat for the final Fiesta mission. Unfortunately, I missed the brain when it was walking in, but was quite surprised to get the pop-up, that I fullfilled the "Run, bobcat, run"-mission. This one was definitely not fleeing (scoresheet says walking)
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Dr_ViEr wrote:It seems that it is still not completely fixed.
At the beginning of the year, I did it the mission on a fleeting Bobcat - all fine.
Today I was waiting for a Bobcat for the final Fiesta mission. Unfortunately, I missed the brain when it was walking in, but was quite surprised to get the pop-up, that I fullfilled the "Run, bobcat, run"-mission. This one was definitely not fleeing (scoresheet says walking)
Not to confuse you. As I am in the second turn of missions, this mission was active. I am just wondering about the wrong movement status.
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Just did the mission the 4th time.
1st time I did with a fleeing one the other three times I competed that mission with a bobcat that was just moving .
There is no need for the bobcat to be fleeing, any moving one will fulfill the "fleeing" requirement of that mission.

@ Wiki team - maybe yho can add this to the corresponding mission.
Spoiler:

Return to “Miscellaneous”