Comps broken and unable to join games

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Comps broken and unable to join games

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Bug Report
Game Mode: either

Description:
Logged in this morning and saw the free animals had changed so I started a game with no issues. My friend came online so I quit to play with her and we noticed the comps we had previously joined were no longer showing and we couldn't join any new comps. Then when we went to join a MP game we kept getting sever connection errors. We cleared our game and launcher caches and rebooted our PC's and still couldn't join anything and now we can't even start a single player game.

Steps to Reproduce:
Clear caches
Try to join/start any game

Additional Information:
Connection: 60mb Up / 60mb down

My Computer
Platform: Dell Rugged Laptop
OS & Version: Win10 Pro 64bit

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Sal_Monella

Re: Comps broken and unable to join games

Post by Sal_Monella »

I experienced a possibly related problem and others. I seemed like there were connectivity issues of some sort, although my game never actually gave me a server disconnection notice. Before beginning the hunt, I joined the Top Bighorn Sheep - Starter competition. I shot a couple of sheep but neither of them registered in the competition, even though the hunt was counted as a competition attempt.Image

After concluding the hunt, there were some strange issues with the Competition page in the launcher:
  • - Initially indicating that I was no longer in the Top Bighorn Sheep - Starter competition;
    - Then indicating that I was ineligible to enter the competition (perhaps because I an not currently a member?);
    - Then the Competition page remained in a perpetual loading animation and showed no competitions running at all, even after exiting and restarting the launcher; and finally
    - Showing that I am enrolled in the competition but that I have no qualifying score, as described above.
I also didn't get credit for completing the "Confirm the Diagnosis" mission when harvesting either of the two Bighorn Sheep. Furthermore, the game was unable to calculate their scores during the hunt (I gave it several minutes on each occasion).Image

My Last Hunt Statistics now does show scores, although there were initially some oddities about this too - it showed the two animals harvested, complete with weapon details, but in the Animals and Weapons sections, it stated that there were no animal interactions and that no shots were fired during the hunt!

The summary now includes the correct Animals, Weapons, Achievements and Collectables information, but the initial lack of synchronization of the various sections was another thing that gave the impression of server connection issues.
Spoiler:
Sal_Monella

Re: Comps broken and unable to join games

Post by Sal_Monella »

Note also that the "Taxidermize" button did not appear for either animal, and it still has not appeared after all of the other statistics updated (a shame, as I would like to taxidermize that male, which would be in a trophy scoring position in the competition if the bug didn't cause it to be missing from consideration). This problem did not occur on my most recent hunt today, although it again did not calculate the score at the time of harvesting.
Spoiler:

Return to “Miscellaneous”