Unable to pause game [error message: "A new game has started with this account"]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Unable to pause game [error message: "A new game has started with this account"]

Post by XxStrong1xX »

If I pause my game and then lock my computer and come back in a few minutes the game gives me the following error: "A new game has started with this account-please close this game" and makes me quit the game. The end time of the game shows to be the time when I paused it. Before the last update I could pause the game and leave it as long as i want and come back and continue it. https://ibb.co/huikdT

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Unable to pause game

Post by Tanngnjostr »

That issue has been reported by several people in the last two weeks, I also read about it in the German forum. Strange enough, some people seem to have it all the time, others never.
Image Image Image
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Unable to pause game

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Tanngnjostr wrote:That issue has been reported by several people in the last two weeks, I also read about it in the German forum. Strange enough, some people seem to have it all the time, others never.

Exactly, it has been happening to me every time the past few days, my friend who I play with all the time has a very similar setup and plays through steam like me also and hasn't had it happen to her yet and she pauses her games all the time. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Unable to pause game [error message: "A new game has started with this account"]

Post by gas56 »

gas56
6/6/18

Relevant Association: A new game has started with this account.
This message has popped up during server hiccups where data loss happens,..
I've had it before a couple of times, and usually that is the extent of it.
Whether the game is responding to actual intrusion that hasn't been the case before
after my files were viewed by support I had lost nothing.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Unable to pause game [error message: "A new game has started with this account"]

Post by L3M182 »

Anyone tried this in windowed mode see if it solves it. Not ideal but it may help figure out the issue and it might be a short term fix
Knut
Outfitter

Disconnect: A new game has started with this account

Post by Knut »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP
Hunter Name: DaKnut

Description:
When Pausing and then Alt-tabbing out of the game for extended periods (>5-10mins), I frequently come back to find the message "A new game has started with this account - please end this game"

But no game has been started or is registered in my hunt history

My Computer
Platform:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Processor: i7-6700K
32GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVidia GTX 1070 (with 2nd Monitor running on a GTX 660Ti, but not used for the game)

OS & Version:Windows 10 64bit[/quote]
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Terzi1985
Scout

"A new game has started on with this account - Close this game"

Post by Terzi1985 »

So, this evening I was hunting on the loggers point and decided to take a little break while I eat, watch a few youtube videos and do a few other stuff before continuing the hunt. I used the alt+tab as usual to get out of the game but when I tried to get back to the game later, I only got a message on black screen going something like "A new game has started on with this account - Close this game". :shock:

I have been playing since 2012 and I can't remember seeing this message ever before even though I very frequently use that alt+tab when I have to do some other stuff in the middle of the hunt. Sometimes I use alt+tab just to go to store to check the ethical species list on some specific weapon if I can't remember it. Is it perhaps just somekind of error or glitch, have you guys and gals had it happen on you before?

Whatever it is or was, it made me to change my password and fast, just in case. :lol:

Return to “Miscellaneous”