The Spotter Pt.1 unable to be completed [4097]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
Therewolf

The Spotter Pt.1 unable to be completed [4097]

Post by Therewolf »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP

Description:
Pt. 1 of The Spotter is seemingly incompletable for me. Pt. 2 is completed, however.

All of the attempts are done on Logger's Point, in/by the northern most tower. All of the listed attempts are timed with a stopwatch by a friend watching my stream.
The timer is started upon my friend seeing the "info box" for the first animal. All animals spotted are unique. I'm using the standard binoculars to spot.

Steps to Reproduce:
Strategy #1. Running to the tower, making sure I spot/track NOTHING. Upon reaching the tower I use the "bleat" caller to assemble a crew of at least 3 mule deer.
This is checked by quick peeks, making sure no animal is spotted in the process. With this method, 5 animals have been spotted as a maximum yielding no results.

Strategy #2. As above, however this time calling the animals to a spot nearby the tower and attempting to both ENTER THE TOWER and spotting the animals within given time limit. 4 animals have been spotted within given time limit - no results.

Strategy #3. Literally crawling all the way to the northern most tower, managing to avoid all contact with animals. Then proceeding with Strategy #1.

Additional Information:

Screenshots too wide so links below.
http://i58.tinypic.com/2ekr6no.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/1zeic5t.jpg

My Computer
Platform: Link to specs: http://www.inet.se/produkt/1517091/taur ... 960#/specs (Swedish site but translatable, for our purposes, in Chrome)
OS & Version: Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Therewolf

Re: The Spotter Pt.1 unable to be completed [4097]

Post by Therewolf »

As a sidenote, aforementioned friend also attempted to complete the spotter pt.1 recently and also encountered this bug/issue. However, he did not start pt.2 at the same time as pt.1 meaning this is (with our limited dataset lol) a non-factor.
derschmuck

Post by derschmuck »

I've been having the same problem for the last two days. I've tried both the northern and southern stands on Logger's Point. No visual/audio or track identifications made on the way to the stand, lay down in the stand, then pop up and id three or four unique deer within 30 seconds. As far as I can tell reading the other forum posts I'm identifying each deer for the first time, everything should work.

I've had the same problem with the comparable mission for the Roosevelt Elk.
Pappy1
Spotter

Post by Pappy1 »

I also am having problems with this mission. I attempted to make my own post but was disapproved because it was already posted. I am just asking for some help in getting past this mission so I can complete this mission set. I have attempted this mission 7 times and have photos in my gallery of 10 mule deer below me at the northern tower, all of which were registered as being ID but not clearing the mission. Does someone investigate this or are we just stuck at this mission?
NAOutdoors
Master Hunter

Post by NAOutdoors »

We apologize for the inconvenience that this mission bug has caused. If you are still unable to get past this, send an email to [email protected] (support.thehunter.com) with "The Spotter" in the message body. Include the date and time (or URL) of the hunt that the mission should have been completed. If the objective has been met, The mission can be manually marked as completed and gm$ awarded. You will then be able to activate the next missions.

Please do not use this thread as support to get credit for the mission, use [email protected] or the ticket system support.thehunter.com
XRSeven

Post by XRSeven »

I've been having problems with this mission ever since I activated it around 2ish weeks ago. Just now had it glitch on me again, but I was ready with some screenshots. I went to the north tower on Logger's Point after hearing mule deer does bleating in the woods. I lured them up to the tower making sure not to spot any of them in the process (indeed, I did not even physically see the animals until I was up inside the tower). There was a total of five...more than enough to complete the mission. I quickly spotted them all within 30 seconds or so, and then went over them again repeatedly spotting them to no avail. :cry:

Now interestingly enough, spotting these deer increased my mule deer spotting skill up to level 5 (was at 93% level 4 before the hunt). It seems that it is not a bug directly related to spotting the animals. This leaves me with two hypotheses on what the issue could be:

1) The mission is somehow not compatible with the spotting ability. This seems like a long shot though, considering that I've completed other missions requiring spotting (with the exception of the similar elk mission, see below).

2) A more educated approach has me seeing it that there is some glitch within the system where it thinks Part 1 and Part 2 of the mule deer (Mule Deer mission #10: The Spotter, Part 1/Part 2) and elk missions (Roosevelt Elk mission #7: Introductions - Part 1/Part 2) need to be completed in consecutive order and it flubbs up when Part 2 is completed first. These are the only missions that I have not been able to complete related to spotting animals and they are both two part missions that can be activated simultaneously. Both of these sets had Part 2 completed before Part 1.

My suggestion is that someone try to reproduce the mission in trials. Trial #1 would be completing the two part missions in consecutive order (Part 1 BEFORE Part 2, maybe even activating them separately to make sure) to see if it works. Trial #2 would be completing Part 2 before Part 1 to try and reproduce the bug.

Screenshots from the last hunt:

Five mule does

Three mule does within the rangefinder scopes

Mission still not completed in comparison to Part 2
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Fixed in the Game Update 21st of January 2016 (See here)!

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!

Return to “Miscellaneous”