CancelIoEx not found in KERNEL32.dll [4071]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
EndPin
Scout

CancelIoEx not found in KERNEL32.dll [4071]

Post by EndPin »

I have a similar problem which I have not seen stated here. when I start the game I get the following windows Message: "TheHunter.exe - Entry point not found" then under that I get "the procedure entry point cancelIoEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Then it continues to load to the splash screen and then crashes to the "end hunt" screen.

I am running Windows XP if that makes a difference.

Also I tried it on my laptop running Windows 10 and it would not run it either. It did not even get to the splash screen. Just wouldn't load.

Edit: Installed the vcredist_x86.exe file on my Windows XP Pc, and it stopped the above message, but it still does not run. It does the crash at splash screen bit. Tried to install the vcredist_arm.exe but after clicking on "run", nothing happened.

seammer
Tracker

Re: Game Update 25th August 2015

Post by seammer »

After the most recent update I keep getting the following error when I attempt to start or join a hunt:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thehunter.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point CancelIoEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

With OK button the only option

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried uninstalling theHunter and getting the full launcher and game download with the same results.

I tried reverting back to the pc state prior to the most recent update with the same results after updating via the usual 'Patch'.

I checked theHunter support pages but found nothing referring to this issue.

I hunt almost every day since becoming a full member, both in single player hunts and as host and guest in multiplayer hunts.

I was able to start and join a hunt prior to this update with the exception of multiplayer connection issues beginning on 08-22-2015, when I could not connect in a multiplayer game as host and joining a hunt with my theHunter buddy, but was able to join a few other hunts in progress that were hosted by other hunters as well as _not_ being able to 'connect to host' in some attempts to join multiplayer hunts in progress.

There were no updates to my pc between the last successful multiplayer hunts with my theHunter buddy and the beginning of the multiplayer connection issue.

My pc operates on Windows XP and I do _not_ use a router. I connect via a modem.

Suggestions and/or Help are welcome.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Game Update 25th August 2015

Post by Tod1d »

Endpin & Seammer, CancelIoEx looks like it was released with KERNEL32.dll in Vista (after XP).
It doesn't look like there is a solution that you can implement.
If EW wants to support Tobiieyex on XP, they will need to query the OS & use a legacy function.

Hopefully, they will get this resolved in the next patch
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Makaan
Scout

Re: CancelIoEx not found in KERNEL32.dll [4071]

Post by Makaan »

Im very heppy that devs managed to fix the problem finally ( patch from 31.08.2015).

Tod1d - your answer make me stressed for few days :)... but do not lost my hope....
Im glad that devs do their "magic" and found some bypass to fix the problem of XP OS, if you where right at your post.
killertut
Master Hunter

Re: CancelIoEx not found in KERNEL32.dll [4071]

Post by killertut »

The Issue was resolved with a Mini-Patch!

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!

Return to “Miscellaneous”