No environm. sound LP canyon bridge/Bug in pheasant mission

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
James_B
Chat Logger

No environm. sound LP canyon bridge/Bug in pheasant mission

Post by James_B »

Problem 1:

When I cross the bridge in Canyon Creek there is no enviromental sound like wind, birds. I know this was brought up before, but they haven't fixed it yet.

Problem 2:

For the pheasant mission "On a Family Matter" It doesn't seem to be any birds below the bridge. I have had 6 attempts and I am currently on the bridge as I type this. I have hit it from all different angles and ways coming in and out of Canyon creek. I have not seen and birds except one time from far south and when I did push them in there, they didn't fly up when I whistled. I had to shoot them on the ground. I have run up and down and left to right and they seem elusive. It has really been ****** me off that I can't proceed with the missions.

Any tips on the mission? Am I missing something?
BigAl
Outfitter

Re: 2 Problems - Loggers Point

Post by BigAl »

I have the same problem with "On a Family Matter" mission it must not be working correctly any more.
BuckshotAl - Warden
Orion
Trophy Hunter

Post by Orion »

It has never worked properly AFAIK. I think they spawn there and move or just spawn in the general area. I got my birds a while back north of canyon creek.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

The same problem applies to the last hog mission "The queen" as well. Point is that the target animal(s) probably spawn in the correct location, but afterwards can move away along a completely random path. The fact that a player cannot reach the canyon shortly after game start but usually only after an extended, time consuming walk enhances the problem further, as the targets have had a lot of time meanwhile to change their location.

Unless there is no code to prevent animals from LEAVING certain predefined areas (which I belive is indeed not existing), we always depend on some luck in this kind of missions.
Welsch
Outfitter

Re: No environm. sound LP canyon bridge/Bug in pheasant miss

Post by Welsch »

I have made a copy of the thread in the "Need help? Support & Technical Issues" section under the topic of "2 Problems - Loggers Point": http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=26638
To keep this report short, please go there if you want to discuss the pheasant mission any further - thank you :)

Return to “Miscellaneous”