Taxidermy option not in launcher

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
DrizzGrizzly

Taxidermy option not in launcher

Post by DrizzGrizzly »

Hey there, so I just had the issue where after killing a piebald hog it lagged and didn’t give me the option to taxidermy it after the trophy shot. It also didn’t let me take a trophy shot either the animal was invisible. Right now in the launcher it says I killed it and the score card like normal but the taxidermist option is not there under the thumbnail for the animal.
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Taxidermy option not in launcher

Post by Dmitri »

unfortunately, this is a very old bug and we can do nothing to fix it for already reported animals. due to some glitch a critical value required for that has not been saved into the DB.
on a positive note, few recent similar reports pushed us to prioritize this issue and we are working on the fix right now. hope to release the patch soon, so this issue won't appear anymore
DrizzGrizzly

Post by DrizzGrizzly »

Dmitri wrote:unfortunately, this is a very old bug and we can do nothing to fix it for already reported animals. due to some glitch a critical value required for that has not been saved into the DB.
on a positive note, few recent similar reports pushed us to prioritize this issue and we are working on the fix right now. hope to release the patch soon, so this issue won't appear anymore
Dang that’s upsetting that’s my first rate that wasn’t a bird. It also never came up with the prompt to sell it either. If it helps I also wasn’t the host of the game and both of us have good connections. It froze for maybe 5 or more seconds before it came up with the score and let me do the “trophy shot” but that’s when it got weird and messed up.
DrizzGrizzly

Post by DrizzGrizzly »

Well I’m back with another time it happened this time with a different piebald.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

This issue sounds similar to one I encountered recently when harvesting a Whitetail buck but not exactly the same as your issue. In this case the buck wasn't anything special but the antlers looked a little unusual to me so I decided to snap a trophy shot of it to inspect in more depth later. The trophy shot uploaded and later when I went to my gallery, both in the launcher and on the website, you see the deer photo amongst the other photos in the gallery, but if you click on that photo it doesn't display the image full size. Instead it gives message saying, "This image failed to load".

Return to “Animals”