Is the Water Buffalo fleeing code broken? Animal frozen after leaving water

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Is the Water Buffalo fleeing code broken? Animal frozen after leaving water

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

As above. Currently trying to complete the last of handgun missions downing a fleeing water buffalo. This has happened twice, both near the waters edge just after 7am. I shot above one female while it was swimming and waited for the fleeing mode to kick in then unloaded just as it was leaving the water. I thought it had been downed in an unusal pose but when I cross the bank it was frozen in place. It occasionally slowly rotated in place. After a while it continued running and I unloaded until it finally dropped. For whatever reason it didn't count.

Try 2 is resulting in the same. The SP game is currently paused in map mode. This one I shot above on side of the bank and hit it once while it was running. It got to the other bank and upon leaving I get this:

https://imgur.com/a/WyWg31y

Is this a known issue?
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Is the Water Buffalo fleeing code broken? Animal frozen after leaving water

Post by Deconstructed »

Usually its Sambar or Rusa but animals freezing after shot is a known issue on Picabeen.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Jimmy Rustle wrote:Is this a known issue?
At least known to some of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rld2DSG6ww&t=504s
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

Well at least I know it's not just me. My first one took eight hits before it died. Maybe the store picture for the 454 should be replaced with this ;)

When the 2nd buffalo in the pics unfroze after about 5 minutes the track it left at that point said "Roaming" even though when it unfroze it fled and the following tracks said "Fleeing".

While it was frozen and I was watching it a Rusa approached it, then ran around orbiting it wildly twice in a panic then stopped and decided it was time quietly have a drink at the waters edge where it stayed for a while.

There does seem to be some sort of a problem with shot or fleeing buffalo exiting rivers although I'm not keen on wasting lots of ammo to test this hypothesis out.

Return to “Animals”