animal tracks disappear second before to register them

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

animal tracks disappear second before to register them

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I was hunting in Whiterime map and after playing for a while (hours) animal tracks disappear second before to register them. What is strange is that some of them , for other animals won't disappear. These tracks that disappeara suddenly are fresh, not old. maybe you investigate the issue. This problem is a system one, not a map kind of one. It's present in all the maps when you play hours.
Beldin
Scout

Re: animal tracks disappear second before to register them

Post by Beldin »

By my experience, this starts happening after 2 hours of in-game time (1 hour real time) has passed. In pretty much all cases I can remember off the top of my head, disappearing tracks have been the first few blood tracks of a wounded and fleeing animal. I have occasionally been able to track down the animal based on which track domes have disappeared right below my nose, and pick up the trail properly later.

I have only encountered this specific issue in Hemmeldal myself.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: animal tracks disappear second before to register them

Post by HooCairs »

I have seen this in multiple reserves. And it was fresh tracks from new animals. You approach them and just before you can click, they are wiped as if I had a plow mounted 3-4m ahead of me.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Animals”