"Popping" noise with German Pointer footsteps on WR

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
Beano8U
Scout

"Popping" noise with German Pointer footsteps on WR

Post by Beano8U »

I found in 2 seperate hunts that the pointer's footsteps make a popping noise in my headphones.
I have only noticed it in Whiterime Ridge so far. (I started a second hunt after restarting the game in case it was a loading issue.)
Seems to happen when the dog is around 10-20 metres away and walking or running.
The "pops" seem to be at the same frequency as the footsteps would be if walking/running, so I would assume it is related to the footstep sounds.
It seems to only occur on snow, not on grass,ice etc.
Sometimes it is loud, sometimes subtle and doesn't always happen. (8 out of 10 times I can hear it on snow only, but not on other surfaces)

Steps to reproduce:
Call the dog to you, make it sit then run away from it.
The dog will start to follow you at approx 30m and the popping noise starts. (most times)

My PC specs:
Asus Motherboard
Intel i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz
16GB Corsair RAM
1060GTX 6GB graphics card
Corsair VOID Wireless USB sound
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

No other sound issues previously in the game, except for the previously repaired WR sound bug.

Beano8U
Scout

Re: "Popping" noise with German Pointer footsteps on WR

Post by Beano8U »

Update: I was hunting in Hemmeldal today (don't hunt here often) with my scent hound and noticed the same noise when the dog was in snow.
It didn't sound as prominent, but still didn't sound like footsteps in the snow.
I might try to see if it is something to do with my sound/wireless headphones (Corsair Void) and switch to wired headphones and different soundcard (soundblaster z) to see if there is any difference.

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

The same thing happens with all dogs, and has for a very long time. It's annoying, but I assumed it was just a bad sound effect trying to indicate crunchy snow.
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Good to read this, I thought it was an issue with my headphones. Only happens when I have a dog out, doesn't seem to matter which of the 3, they all do it as stated above.

Return to “Dog-related bugs”