Shot Animals Not Spooking

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Shot Animals Not Spooking

Post by TheSheWolf »

While hunting with the Parker Python bow, animals aren't spooking when shot. It isn't every time but it's a majority of the time. They often go into the sniffing-the-air animation immediately (this may be the source of the bug?), and then return to idle/walking. I've been primarily hunting from tree stands but have also seen it on the ground, iirc. Seems to happen more often with females than males, possibly due to females being less spooky.

Steps to reproduce: go get a Parker Python (due to being very quiet, I assume; a non-fatal shot still doesn't have the sound volume to spook), shoot an animal with a non-fatal wound.
Cashole42
Spotter

Re: Shot Animals Not Spooking

Post by Cashole42 »

I've had massive issues with this bug both in single player and multiplayer lately. Roughly two out of every three animals I shoot will not respond to being shot. Bow is also a Parker Python and all I have to do to reproduce the bug is shoot a couple of animals. Guarantee one will not spook at least. Had no issues with this bug at all until the last few days (started seeing it consistently around 11/16). I see it most often on WHI but I did see it in Hemmeldal today too with a bunch of moose.

It's not the biggest issue, but I fear it's too easy to take advantage of (which I did once to confirm by slow dropping a herd of cow elk without spooking a single one).

Return to “Animals”