Sambar Deer hits Registering head shot with not hitting the head

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
gas56
Outfitter

Sambar Deer hits Registering head shot with not hitting the head

Post by gas56 »

gas56
Sambar deer
7x64 rifle

The hit boxes of the Sambar deer where when shooting a frontal or side shot when elevated or an angle up in a tree stand or on shooting them from the ground
is registering a head hit when aiming and hitting the frontal & side chest area and the bullet is not even close to hitting the head even at close and further ranges
even if the animal is not moving. I was shooting male deer for the A8 comp,.. so I can't really say if the female deer are effected.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Sambar Deer hits Registering head shot with not hitting the head

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Confirmed.
I have 10 to 12 incidents of this happening as well when I know for sure that the crosshairs were on the chest front on and the head was clear of the trajectory line.
Also can occur when taking a front on oblique shot through the chest just in front of the shoulder when looking for the frontal angled double lung shot.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Animals”