Grey Wolf Not Harvesting with Parker Python

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
gas56
Outfitter

Grey Wolf Not Harvesting with Parker Python

Post by gas56 »

The Grey Wolf after shot with the Parker Python and running off afterwards and dying is non-harvestable with the Hunter Mate.
This has happened 3 times In the last couple of weeks for me and going out of render distance and coming back does not help.
Usually I've noticed when doing an overhead shot from a tree-stand and it ends up as a body shot this occurred. And possibly one
time it happened also with a different bow but now I don't remember which other one it was.
Columbo
Tracker

Re: Grey Wolf Not Harvesting with Parker Python

Post by Columbo »

I had a similar issue with the 7mm Magnum break action on christmas day. Huntermate gave the usual sound while approaching and the light was blinking, but couldn´t harvest. Went outside the render range several times, only to find out some strange things...

At the first try the wolf was like a meter away from the original place of kill, unable to harvest (close to a steep cliff, immediate death). While approaching the second time I saw the dome (or whatever it´s called) at the right spot. Close enough I could see that there was no wolf and the dome disappeared. Started to search around and found the wolf under the cliff tens of meters aside from the kill, still unable to harvest. Once more took a run away and when I got back the wolf was nowhere to be found. The wolf´s body made also some noticeable shaking randomly the whole time.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Columbo wrote:I had a similar issue with the 7mm Magnum break action on christmas day. Huntermate gave the usual sound while approaching and the light was blinking, but couldn´t harvest. Went outside the render range several times, only to find out some strange things...

At the first try the wolf was like a meter away from the original place of kill, unable to harvest (close to a steep cliff, immediate death). While approaching the second time I saw the dome (or whatever it´s called) at the right spot. Close enough I could see that there was no wolf and the dome disappeared. Started to search around and found the wolf under the cliff tens of meters aside from the kill, still unable to harvest. Once more took a run away and when I got back the wolf was nowhere to be found. The wolf´s body made also some noticeable shaking randomly the whole time.
I had also noticed some of the strange stuff you observed but forgot about that.
My wolf was on a flat road and had moved also when I returned from out of render and at first there was no dome at all then appeared after messing around awhile.
Either way though I could never harvest them being right on top of them.
I'm just glad it hasn't happened yet on a real trophy animal,.. that would be real disappointing.
RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

It happens to me as well. Even earlier, i have to give up on my 5 bigsheep horn harvest and move on. I even try moving out of render distance and going back for it but it doesn't help.
CootDawg
Scout

Post by CootDawg »

3 so far tonight i could not collect
RyderJack

Post by RyderJack »

Same thing over here right now - a wolf shot overhead from a tree stand with reverse draw crossbow.... can't harvest it. Even though another wolf and a mule deer were shot and harvested a bit earlier basically on the same spot.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the Python vs Grey Wolf issue.
I've shot several at close range from TreeStand, some of which where the angle and point of impact is narrow and almost straight down and what I expected was a spine shot or at least into one lung area and what I've seen is no reaction at first when the Wolf gets struck by the broadhead.
After 15 to 30 seconds after being hit, they will take off. I've found the first track from the impact will usually state "body shot" and then begins the long tracking job.
Although I haven't lost any yet, seem to be a continuing issue. Not sure why.
Spoiler:

Return to “Animals”