Bobcat/Wolf Head Models Misshapen

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Moon
Scout

Bobcat/Wolf Head Models Misshapen

Post by Moon »

Bug Report
Game Mode: Both

Description:
I encountered, shot, and killed a bobcat and a wolf with misshapen heads. The bobcat was shot in multiplayer. I was not the host of the server. The other player could see the same misshapen head issue as I could. The wolf was shot in singleplayer. Neither are misshapen in the trophy lodge. Both are relatively high scoring animals of their species, not monsters but in the 'worth taxidermize' range. Other smaller specimens of the species were present during the hunts and looked perfectly normal.

Steps to Reproduce:
I have no real solid way to reproduce this sadly. I suspect it has something to do with high scoring bobcats and wolves skulls trying to resize incorrectly possibly?

Additional Information:
Bobcat
Additional Pic: Link (Another user's pic.)

Wolf
Additional Pics: Link 1 & Link 2

My Computer
Platform: Intel Core i5-4690K, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
OS & Version: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Check me out....I'm └[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┐└[ ͦ ]┐ dancin', I'm └[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┐└[ ͦ ]┐ dancin'!

[ Wishlist | Rares: 33 | Non-Typicals: 8 ]
Spoiler:
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Bobcat/Wolf Head Models Misshapen

Post by MartinSundberg »

Wow! That is one scary bobcat!

I've added a ticket for this and we'll look into it. Thank you for reporting :).
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Could be hard to see on my pic , but Bobcat as no lower jaw also . Had to hurry because another Bobcat was incoming real close on the left .
Which was very surprising to have him that close . When pic was done , i killed him , standing upright with my bow without him ever spooking :?

DYEUZ
WHI
Single player

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

This seems to be an issue with "bigger" cats. We'll investigate. Thanks DYEUZ for the picture and some more information!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

MartinSundberg wrote:This seems to be an issue with "bigger" cats. We'll investigate. Thanks DYEUZ for the picture and some more information!
Remember Martin, it’s the same thing for Wolves so be sure to include them
Moon
Scout

Post by Moon »

I just wanted to reopen this bug report on the bobcat/wolf messed up faces again. Despite this bug being reported in a previous patch note as "fixed" it has reappeared again recently.

I shot this large bobcat last night (9.518). You can see in the trophy pic and a steam pic that its face was messed up again. The jaw was not lining up in the right spot and the textures were stretched in weird ways.

Additionally this bug is also messing up on the wolves again as well. You can see proof of this in Columbo's post in the TruRack thread with large wolves all with the distorted face textures and sunken in eyes. I'll copy his images here and link back to his post in the thread as well below.

[Columbo's Post Link]
Check me out....I'm └[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┐└[ ͦ ]┐ dancin', I'm └[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┐└[ ͦ ]┐ dancin'!

[ Wishlist | Rares: 33 | Non-Typicals: 8 ]
Spoiler:
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

Harvested one of those funny-faced wolves once again today, the score was 16.733.

I think it´s the wolves above 16.5 that are suffering from this issue. Killed this one with a broadside shot, and I could see the extra long upper lip/nose from a distance. At least it´s one way to find out that the animal is a trophy size candidate :P

Return to “Animals”