Several animals not reacting to being hit by an arrow?

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
magnum_1973

Several animals not reacting to being hit by an arrow?

Post by magnum_1973 »

So over the course of about a week and a half, I've seen some weird things happen in the game. I use my bow a lot and sit in a treestand every now and then. Some of the times I've sat in a treestand and have shot at a deer with a bow, the deer just stands in place. It doesn't flee, but it will look around like a deer would when it is about to spook. I've had this happen several times within the same game. I've never had this issue before. usually if it's a bodyshot, the animal will flee almost immediately.

Yesterday I was in VDB and I shot a red deer with my bow. Rather than looking around, it just stood in place without any reaction for a good 10 seconds and then it turned around to flee. I had this happen with a couple of other animals yesterday but I can't recall exactly the species.

I would provide you with the coordinates and all, but this has been happening on a few different reserves with different animals. I want to say the deer species is mostly affected with this? I know for certain that I've experienced this with whitetail, blacktail, and red deer. If this isn't enough to help you out, I believe I have a clip or two that I recorded that would better show you what I'm talking about.
New to the forums, been on the game since 2013
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvSpxm ... sb6nQe56RQ

Return to “Animals”