Missing kills

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Monstrous Vik
Spotter

Missing kills

Post by Monstrous Vik »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP
Hunter Name: MonstrousVik

Description:
So, I went on a hunt on TT. I found a good spot near a wolf "bait" site and decided to put down a tent and a tree stand.
I called in a few Rocky Mountain Elks in that spot and I killed 5, I shot one other but that one wasn't a instakill so I decided to go after it.
Upon tracking my wounded one I walk out of the distance area from the other kills and finally found it somewhere.
After that I got a bit side-tracked and shot some different animals.

Upon finally returning to pick up my kills it seemed that some of them were invisible. From the 5 that I killed I could only see and pick up 2.
The domes were present in the placed of which the kills should have been, but the kills were no-where to be found.

So in short;
I killed 5 Elk, walked out of the distance area and came back to find out I could only see and pick up 2.

Additional Information:
Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to take any pictures.

My Computer
Platform:
GPU - GeForce GTX 760 MSI TwinFrozr Gaming OC Edition
CPU - Core i7-4770 4-Core 3.4GHz
MB - SI Z87-G45 GAMING
RAM - 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz - G-Skill Ripjaws

OS & Version: Windows 10 [64 bit]
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Missing kills

Post by JimboCrow »

I had a very similar bug to the OP. I killed 7 elk at my treestand, ran after a bear that growled, and then had to track it because I wounded it. When I got back to my stand only 5 elk were there. Also, wolves are being resurrected and running off chasing elk. I had this happen before on TT, but was unsure it was true. The same thing happened today proving this is also a bug.
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Missing kills

Post by Violator31 »

I had this happen just now. I'm still in the hunt.
I shot a bull & a cow Rocky Mountain Elk (for a tournament I'm in) from my tower. I left them there so as not to still anything up. I shot 2 wolves. One I knew was a good hit & the other one I wasn't too sure of. I waited a little bit, then took off after the marginal hit. Turns out they were both lung/heart shots so I found them quickly. I went straight back to the tower & both elk are gone.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Animals”