Unable to harvest dead animal [2898]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Unable to harvest dead animal [2898]

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Had the same issue this past Sunday 9/2 during a multiplayer hunt in Bushranger's Run. Me and my lady each shot goats that we were unable to harvest. This has happened several times with us and usually on BR, WR, or TT maps and occasionally others. The render distance trick never works either.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Cashole42
Spotter

Post by Cashole42 »

I've been having an issue the past week with animals disappearing for me only on mp. The body marker dome shows up, blood shows up, whoever I'm hunting with can see the animal and can shoot the animal, but even when the death animation occurs, it still shows up as alive and shots are marked in the chat. It's happened on TGT with a bighorn ram, and once on Hirschfelden with a roe buck. I've got screenshots galore (all taken by the person I was hunting with as all I could see was the dome and blood, which I also have screenshots of).
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Last two hunts on WRR I've not been able to harvest a Dall sheep. one shot with the 7x64 and one with the 7mm Bullpup. I get the tone at the animal but cant collect. I'm also pretty sure I lost one yesterday that disappeared into the terrain.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

In the last 2 hunts I could not confirm the killing of 3 dall sheep. I used the British .303. I hope I do not have to continue this way for the next hunts.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Non harvestable Dall sheep on Whiterime, shot with 9.3 x 74. Happens once a hunt.
korskarn

Post by korskarn »

During my hunt today on Redfeather I could not harvest 2 bears shot with compound bow. both were confirmed dead.
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

You probably will find a lot of errors, still learning english, bear in mind with me

I Guess it's all about the "Trigger Size" and how HunterMate works.
if you just a regular player and don't know what are "Triggers" (inside gaming development) it's basically an invisible area where you can "trigger" certain actions, if you are inside, if you are outside of it you can't triggers those actions.
...you know when you are close to your tent and show's up the "Press "I" to open Invetory"(and you can pick items from your lodge)? That's because you are inside the Trigger for it, if you leave the trigger area, you are unable to move items from your Lodge.

What I notice was, this bug happen a lot when I'm bow/crossbow hunting, why? because it's easy to drop the animal on the spot. That means that the "Trail/Track/Blood" trigger is created in the same area where it died, so there's 2 triggers zone, guess what? you can't select which one you want to active(if they are stacked) and HunterMate don't know what to do(it don't even play the click sound)
Even if the animal didn't died on the spot, with any weapon, if you find it later dead besides a blood "track", chances are you'll not be able to harvest it
Newbie wrote:Don't you believe that the Expansive Worlds programming team has already made the code work in a way that, if there's more then one "trigger" close to you, the HunterMate would pick the high priority one, for instance Harvest first, then other clues
I do believe, and if used to work like, Great, but isn't anymore.

A simple fix would be to increasing the Harvest Trigger area(both in x and y axis) that would allow to be out of the blood trigger and inside of the Harvest Trigger, and also z axis, so if the trigger was placed wrong(inside the floor/rock etc) you would be able to active it.

Clip of a visible decal(clue/track/trail), but wrong placed trigger(if that is the problem)
Spoiler:
Don't you think it would be neat if was possible to select which one you want to activate(if multiples trails are detected on a spot/stacked) by using the scroll on your mouse?
Other games already has options like this when you have multiple actions on the same spot(Arma Series for example)
Again, this is a extreme example, it's more like you are going to have 2 at max, maybe 3 if another animal call when you already is close(on top) of another 2 "trails"
it probably will never exist
Example:
Spoiler:
Newbie wrote:But....ahhh!!
OrLoko, there's no blood, no tracks, no droppings
...nothing close to the animal, and I still cannot harvest it! :evil:, you are WRONG ! :twisted:
Maybe I'm wrong, but the problem is in that direction...

Maybe the problem occur just because that Trigger is placed in the wrong spot, instead of it being on the floor(above of it) it's place inside of it(below), and that's why gas56 was able to harvest his Black Bear by crawling/prone around
gas56 wrote:at Can't harvest an animal with HM? Try this. on his post
I don't know if this will work all the time but I laid down prone like harvesting a Euro Rabbit out of a hole
and crawled around a bit and then it harvested it.
I hope someone at EW Team can read this and try replicate some stuff on they Custom Client, much easier to test things like that :)

if you want to see some videos of animals I was unable to harvest, check the playlist below:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Wa49p5Atpu

Not sure how(if possible) to make a playlist work with [youtube][/youtube]

tl;dr
If the animal you killed left a blood mark close to it or any track, chances are you'll not be able to harvest it.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

Since I can't edit my own post(last one) I'm adding this here.

When I was hunting Snowshoe Hare with my dog I notice that the bug isn't about stacked triggers, can be misplaced triggers or not even created ones.
You can see in this clip that I was trying to send the dog to "Fetch" and she was not understanding, I thought that was because she is low lvl and it can happen(who knows)...
Then I tried to harvest it, as you imagine, not able to do so.

Another thing, I don't know if happen to non bugged animals when you don't harvest it, when the time reset(at 19:00h) if you go back where the dead animal was, you can see the "track" color "hologram" but there's nothing there, it will be possible to see it from far away, like dead animals after some time.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
iron_44

Post by iron_44 »

During wolf event several times I was unable to harvest wolves I killed, 3 in one hunt. feel like im getting cheated out of kills that could benefit my placement for competitions missions and events, please fix this bug, ive spent too much time to get my numbers up.
thunderhoof

Post by thunderhoof »

Thunderhoof here! unable to see the animals when dead to harvest them its like the blood is there but the animal is Invisable, i've lost about 6 this week nice bucks and Dall sheep! please fix this its very troublesome!

Return to “Animals”