Unable to harvest dead animal [2898]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Cavkrieger

Re: Unable to harvest dead animal [2898]

Post by Cavkrieger »

Whitetail deer -11816 -3196 Red feather lodge, I track it and the "tracking halo" around the animal is about 5 feet from the last blood splatter tracked. As I approach disappears with no animal in the grass. However my partner sees it plain as day on here lap top, its laying there breathing at my feet. She, shoots it's melon point blank. I see the blood platters, I put 5 rounds from my side arm where I think it should be, dust kicks up and the blood stains from her shot slowly disappears on both our screens still no animal on my PC but its still on hers breathing.
XRSeven

Post by XRSeven »

This happened to me three days ago with a whitetail buck on Logger's Point. Although I do not have the coordinates, it happened on a small incline near the Three Lakes area. I shot it head-on through the chest (likely through heart, as it dropped immediately with no wound time) with the 7mm Magnum Bullpup rifle. It happened on a multiplayer server if that has any relevance. I was still able to identify its tracks and the blood spatter was on the ground and trackable, but I was still unable to harvest the animal. Thinking it had something to do with the incline (although less than 45°), I even tried to roll it somewhat by standing on it and attempting to push it, but it never helped at all. I notified the host and he simply said it's a common glitch, but I figured I would post it in the relevant topic as a heads up.
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

After 3/1/2016 patch. I ran in to this. Harvested two animals prior to not being able to a elk, whitetail and mushroom. Ran out of render range and back in. No difference. Switched ISPs during game. No change. Hunt was http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dirtc ... n/59107709 User: Dirtclod

System:

Edition: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Ram: 16.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
GPU: GeForce GTX 960M (2.0 GB Ram)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Uh same bug to me right now in single player with a female Pheasant, first time it happen to me and its very weird and anoying since i needed that Pheasant for the mission dinner for 2. Oh well... to hunt another one.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Acathine_

Post by Acathine_ »

Joined a multiplayer hunt, shot a great whitetail 175+, couldn't harvest him, got all people on the server to attempt a harvest, didn't register, ended up shooting it with almost all weapons in the game, still didn't register as dead. Was a real bummer. It's body ended up disappearing, leaving on the rack. I've got screenshots somewhere.

Acathine_
WizzardNZ

Post by WizzardNZ »

Hi guys and Galls at EW. Just to let you know i have had the problem of being unable to pick up animals on the 2nd day of a hunt. Hunting on VDB. Day 1 no problems, roll over to next day and track 2 nice size brown bears. I made shots on them and they go down. I then proceed to harvest them but they wont pick up. All is per normal i can track there tracks OK, I see there blood trails etc , but when i get to the bears and press the left button on the hunter-mate to collect, Nothing happens. Very frustrating. I proceed to shoot and successfully harvest other animals after this with no problems. The issue seems to only affect Brown bears on day two of a hunt.
TKH

Post by TKH »

Happend to me today,

13.03 10:30

MAP: Timbergold Trails
Animal: Wolf
Location x 5203 y 1826 (on a trail no rocks etc, plain ground)

My Systeem

Nvidia 970, latest drivers
Intel i7 3770k
32 GB RAM
TKH

Post by TKH »

And again...
2nd Grey Wulf, same hunt as postet before,

Timbergold Trails, Position 5312,1870, 10mm Pistol, could not harvest the Wolf....

OS Windows 10 Pro x64
Nvidia 970
i7
32 GB RAM
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Dead Turkey Unclaimable

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Game Mode: MP
Hunter Name: Rhapsodaisical
Description: Whitehart Island

tracked turkey, one shot kill, unclaimable. Used PDA as marker lights up. Nothing happends.
Shot several times again to see if animal was dead. Got prone to push it out. No luck. Still unclaimable. is contest animal.

Additional Information:
Screenshots

https://prnt.sc/jfqj1x

https://prnt.sc/jfqj4w
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Merged new post with old thread about similar issue.
Image Image Image

Return to “Animals”