Unable to harvest dead animal [2898]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Re: Unable to harvest dead animal [2898]

Post by ApolloCreed »

Same problem...3 times now, and 3 days in a row, always in Hemmeldal and always with brown bear.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

In recent days i lost 12 wolves in Timbergold one of which was impossible to confirm and the other 11 have literally disappeared leaving only small colored domes, certainly this cost me the first place in the comp and i was not happy...
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Could not harvest a dall sheep today. Hunter mate wouldn't do anything when I clicked.
Shaydee90

Re: Stuck animals [4032]

Post by Shaydee90 »

Good sized albino bear.. Can't harvest her at all. I'm so gutted

Bug Report
Game Mode: MP
Hunter Name: Shaydee90

Shot and killed at
Timbergold Trails

X: -7180
Y: 1721

TKH

Post by TKH »

Again a Wolf Timbergold Trails.
X: -3949, Y 356, shot with 270 Bolt Action distance 260m, 1 shot instant kill.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1429638224
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: Stuck animals [4032]

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Bug Report
Game Mode: MP
Hunter Name: Rhapsodaisical
Description: WRR

Steps to Reproduce:
None taken, all four Dall Sheep were on same hill.

OS & Version: Windows 64bit Win7

Additional Information:

I know this can happen but this were four in a row on the same hill. Struggling for a while for the Dall Brainshot Mission and this isnt helping! hahaha
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Another Wolf in TgT.

Since I couldn't harvest it, I tried the render distance trick.

Once I came back the dead Wolf was gone, but the Lungs/Heart blood was still around.
Spoiler:
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Another Dall Sheep that couldn't be harvested and it could have been the one I needed for the Summer Fiesta 2018: Winter Cup - Elite. I tried walking 500 meters away and coming back to see if that would help, no luck. I went out and harvested 2 more sheep and went back, still couldn't harvest it. Here are the coordinates: -4297 / -12402

This pi$$es me off! All I got was a letter from Doc.

Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I have had the same thing many, many times over the last couple of months. Recently, the other day I had a Dall's Sheep on Whiterime, and today on Timbergold I had another wolf. I shot her about 35 m. away with the classic .30-06. I could even lay down and move her a little, but I could not harvest her. S'up with that? :D
stefanoitaliano

Post by stefanoitaliano »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP
Hunter Name: stefanoitaliano
Description: RFF

Steps to Reproduce:
Find a Black Bear with estimated maximum weight and maximum score. Shoot it with 45-70, try pick it up = Non profit

OS & Version: Windows 64bit Win10

Additional Information: This must be somekind of joke! I desperately try to find the last bit of weight for the summer fiesta: weight saver competition on my last try just before times runs out. Finally I find a really nice looking black bear after tracking it for 30 mins. And then I can't harvest it.. I mean really?! Going out and into render doesn't help. This bug also happened to me with 3 dall sheeps in whiterime during this competition. 2 of those was also in the maximum weight and score range. But you didn't accept the bug report since you didn't think there was enough information, although plenty before me has reported the exact same problem with dall sheeps above me in this thread. Didn't think is was important since you would think that this was a problem you were fully aware of. Maybe it's time to take a step back from developing and try fix some of the game breaking bugs instead?
If you wan't screenshots I have it. But I don't know how to upload screenshots from steam to here.

Return to “Animals”