Unable to harvest dead animal [2898]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Unable to harvest dead animal [2898]

Post by Tod1d »

DerrickDude wrote:Okay, last time I tried posting to this thread it was considered off topic. Although i still have no idea why.
If a post does not include any NEW information that might help solve a bug, it should be dis-approved.

Please read: Creating a Bug Report

We need to keep these topics as neat & orderly as possible so the devs can get the information they need quickly.
If we allow them to become a big jumbled mess of discussion, argument, debate, "Me too", & "+1", etc...
the developers will just stop reading them altogether, as was the case in the past.

If a bug post/topic gets rejected, no one should feel bad about it. It just means, "Thanks, we already know about that."

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
jimbo
Hunter

Post by jimbo »

Gme Mode: SP

Description:
Hunting ibex on Val-des-bois.I shot a big ibex and could not harvest it.
X:4092
y:-838
This has happend to me First time.I noticed that the rest of the herd fleed but this guy just stood there.

Steps to Reproduce:
Dont know the way cause as i said above it happend to me First time.
Mekanic
Tracker

Post by Mekanic »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP

Description:
Can't harvest feral hog

Steps to Reproduce:
Happened day 2 of the electric lady land, couldn't get both day 1, so waited to retire and come back 2nd day
Falcon911

Post by Falcon911 »

Bug Report
Game Mode:MP on my server

Description:
Was in a tree stand and shot 4 Red Deer near my stand. Harvested 2 of the 4.

Steps to Reproduce:
Not really able to reproduce at this time.

Additional Information:
Hunt was on my Server and no one else was on at the time per the map that shows on this video
http://youtu.be/s9ygUpevkKM

My Computer
Platform: MSI P67A-C43 motherboard with 12 GB memory,
I5-2500K CPU with 3.30 Ghz proc
Nvidia GTX560 running with driver 344.65

OS & Version:Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit
Mekanic
Tracker

Post by Mekanic »

Bug Report
Game Mode: MP

Description:
Can't harvest feral hog

Steps to Reproduce:
Day 2 of an extended hunt, all 3 times this glitch has occurred has been twice on MP, once on SP. But all 3 times it has been on Loggers Point, and all 3 times it's been when trying to harvest a Feral Hog (killed Coyote, 2 pheasant and a mule doe without issue)
Indoles

Post by Indoles »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP

Description:
15. Dec. 2014, Hirschfelden
Hunt was normal. But when I will harvest dead animals, the Huntermate left Key start to blink and dont stop blinking. I had have to quit game.
I cleared my cache, logged out and logged in, then start new hunt. It was same result with wild boar and pheasant. What can I do?
30-06 Lever Action Riffle, Wild boar
12 GA Pump Action Shot Gun, Pheasant

Steps to Reproduce:
No Idea

Additional Information:

My Computer
Windows 7, 32 Bit
Browser Firefox 34.0.5
sulisa

Post by sulisa »

Playing "Illegally Blonde" this past Thursday. Started from the nearest lodge, fast-travelled to the nearest campsite (this mission is the first that I have used supplies and fast-travelled to a campsite, but I don't think that matters - read on!). Got to the island, located and shot a Blonde. Harvested. Huh - OK, the mission's not over, apparently. Went for a stroll, came upon a second blonde. Shot, killed, but was unable to harvest.

Today (Sunday), same travel method to island. This time, found a cinnamon - shot and killed (eliminating a set of bear tracks). Found Blondie. Shot, killed, unable to harvest. Read this support thread and the "Illegally Blonde" thread, so decided to troubleshoot a bit. Marked the location, wandered until I found another bear. Shot, killed, harvested. Now, ran back to Blondie, still unable to harvest.

A moderator closed the Illegally Blonde thread, thinking the bug was related to this one. Perhaps, perhaps not. But if it can be said that Blondie is only suffering from the "general unable to harvest bug", then she is PARTICULARLY prone to this bug. I have never encountered a non-harvest in all my years, except these two hunts, and these two hunts are only Blondie. I am inclined to think that Blondie (and not the three other bears I mentioned above), is uniquely configured to be unharvestable (by me, anyway).

I think I'll put this mission on the shelf for a couple months, before trying again. I'm going to see if I can subscribe to updates for this thread, otherwise, I'll keep checking the game Changelog.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

info about the "illegaly blond" mission:
a developer tried to reproduce this bug, but he could harvest the bear everytime he killed it.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Excellion

Post by Excellion »

Bug Report
Game Mode: Single Player
Map: Val-de-bois
Position: X:2630 Y:-483

Description:
I had three red deers in two herds a larger herd that proved impossible to harvest. The sequence in which they were shot and harvested seems fairly random:

- Herd 1, Red deer 1: Shot with a bow. Ended up being harvestable.
- Herd 1, Red deer 2: Shot with a bow. Unable to harvest. After attempting multiple times a new herd of three deers wandered up behind me.
- Herd 2, Red deer 1: Shot with a bow, unable to harvest.
- Herd 2, Red deer 2: Shot with a bow, harvestable.
- Herd 2, Red deer 3: Shot with a bow, unable to harvest.

The first herd was harvested before the second showed up, the second was harvested after all animals were killed.

Steps to Reproduce:
Unknown - i never had this behavior before and there was nothing out of the usual as far as i can tell.

Additional Information:
- The hunt was a (very) long one. It actually restarted due to the time limit. The issue occurred almost immediately after the restart (Second or third animal or so).
- When attempting to harvest the huntermate flashes but does nothing when clicked. It does not make its distinct "Beep" sound either. When NOT aiming at an animal it makes the distinct beep sound though.
- The animals corpses seem to be frozen ragdolls. Normally you can wander over them or at least push them a bit, but these seem to be solid as a rock. One of the unharvested animals originally lay on one that could be harvested. After harvesting one animal the corpse of the other one remained floating in the air (And is solid).
- When hovering over the animals it flashes a white outline for the briefest instant before fading away.
- The animals are not alive / crippled. If that were the cast they could still be spotted (They cannot)

My Computer
Windows Vista, 32 bits. Steam version of the game.
Excellion

Post by Excellion »

Addendum to my previous post (It still awaits approval, so i cannot edit it):

After shooting the two herd of red deer i ran back ~ 400 meters to the lodge and met another red deer on the way (Which also proved to be impossible to harvest). After arriving at the lodge and running back all unharvested animals still had the same issue. The "Floating" animal mentioned was now neatly on the floor though.No combination of "Fast Travel", "Mashing buttons" and "Opening random windows (Inventory etc)" seemed to have any effect on the issue.

Return to “Animals”