Dead geese floating in mid air [2662]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
DaiNochii
Spotter

Re: Dead geese floating in mid air [2662]

Post by DaiNochii »

It happened to me today in a MP game (I was alone), I took down about 30 geese and after the ∼10th, one started floating (I retrieved all the geese using the Labrador). At the end I confirmed it by using the go-out-of-render-range trick, but I've noticed a few intesting things during that hunt:
- the goose at the beginning was just about 10-20cm above the ground, and it started floating away only when it collided with my dog;
- after going out of render range, the goose was back down, but still about 10-20cm above the ground and it had no collision;
- after a while, other dead goose corpses started floating slightly above the ground, and all of them were in the same pose. Seriously, all the bugged geese were in the same pose (see screenshot below). They had no collision too;
- during the trophy shot, you couldn't move the bugged ones using the confirmed goose body;
Here's the trophy shot I've got in this hunt:
On the right you can clearly see 5 bugged geese, all floating slightly above the ground and all in the same pose.
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

Definitely not a FPS problem, as I have a rather powerful rig and the game runs smoothly all the time. Also not an issue of how many dead birds are already lying around. Had it from as little as three, and sometimes it happened only at over twenty.

The funny thing is, that the hovering bird always occurs in a relatively small area in the vicinity of my waterfowl blind. Normally, one would expect that its occurrences are distributed roughly even around the hunting position, but - at least in my cases - they're concentrated on a small patch. Almost as if the altitude coordinates there are wrong, somehow suggesting to the rag doll that the ground is much higher as it actually is. Just a layman's observation, of course. Perhaps other "victims" of this bug can confirm or contradict this observation of mine.
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

Had no less than three "floaters" in my last hunt. All occurred when I scored multiple kills (2-3) with a single shot (20 ga semi-auto shotgun). Same was the case with most of the previous occurrences of this bug, at least those I remember. Perhaps that info helps investigating this bug.

Return to “Animals”