Dead geese floating in mid air [2662]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Metrology

Dead geese floating in mid air [2662]

Post by Metrology »

Had a problem with 2 dead geese floating up in the air out of reach.
Managed to harvest one but the other is floating above a road about 20ft in the air and i cant collect it.
I currently still playing but will try to post an image later.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Dead geese floating in mid air

Post by Tod1d »

Bummer I didn't catch you earlier. This is a known bug, with a workaround.
If you're in MP, and the person who was associated with the spawning of that goose leaves, it should drop to the ground. (not necessarily the person who shot it).
If you're alone, you can walk out of render range (>220m) & come back & the goose should be harvest-able.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Metrology

Re: Dead geese floating in mid air

Post by Metrology »

Ok this is good to know.
I did consider the idea of leaving the area then returning but it was getting late and I didnt fancy the potential waste of time on one goose.
Thanks.
RickC
Outfitter

Floating geese

Post by RickC »

Hunting alone in SP today I had one goose stuck up in the air. I know this happens in MP when 2 hunters hit the goose at the same time but I'm not sure what causes it in SP.

Anyway, I was carrying the .357 and I shot the dead carcass with it and low and behold the goose slowly sank down to earth until I could reach it and harvest it.

Would appreciate others to try this to see if it was just a fluke.
MudBug
Outfitter

Re: Floating geese

Post by MudBug »

The Dev's standard non-response response would be that your FPS was too low. :roll: I haven't personally seen this happen since Mallards were released. Maybe there was a spike in your connection to the server when you shot the goose, causing some sort of hiccup? Perhaps it was just a fluke after all.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

MudBug wrote:The Dev's standard non-response response would be that your FPS was too low. :roll:
Stuck in the air was to my knowledge not linked to low FPS but zig-zagging and zooming away of ragdolls.

I have had the OP's problem as well. I'd say in average in every 2nd hunt. Most of the time they just float a few cm above ground and are still harvestable, but sometimes they're up where they were shot.
Good FPS around 40-50, but not the best connection to the server as judged by inventory or harvest screen loading times. Ping times below concerns, though.

Leaving render range and coming back solved the problem every time.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

Did you try the .357? That was the purpose of my post.
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

Had it happen again in my last hunt and the .357 did nothing to bring the dead goose down.

..........I guess it was a fluke the other day.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Dead geese floating in mid air [2662]

Post by Radamus »

Still Happening - I lost 4 in one hunt I just finished and one was on the ground but would not pick up on HM when collecting. FWIW - I did have a network disconnect - I was collecting at the time, I think that's the reason for the one on the ground glitching??? - but the floaters just never made it to the ground, but marker showed on the ground - and Doc knows it too - First time it's happened to me....
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Mumba
Scout

Re: Dead geese floating in mid air [2662]

Post by Mumba »

I am sure that its not a fps problem at least for me. I have a good hardware and graphic card.
I never had that bug in single player but since the last update i have this bug many times , sometimes a very big part of my hunt
stay in the air,when its only 1 or 2 meters high i still can harvest but not higher.
Thanks for the tip to go away about 220 meters to be able to make them fall on the ground , i will try it.

Return to “Animals”