Moose run into water, unreachable(flip and levitation) (862)

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Relander
Spotter

Moose run into water, unreachable(flip and levitation) (862)

Post by Relander »

Today I shot this female moose in Red Feather Falls near HMS Vasa Valdez. It run straight to this little islet and died there. There was no way i could have reach it.
Doc was ***** off too. Gave me a reminder about bagging the animal. What a ruthless guy. Doesn't take any excuses. :D
Last edited by Relander on July 4th, 2011, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a55a55in
Hog Hunter

Moose issue...

Post by a55a55in »

The seem to still be doing their ninja flip and or flying when going down. Most of the time for me they seem to fly off in to the water making them unreachable to harvest. The most recent I witnessed as it ninja flipped from land out into the water.

And Yes, the moose is floating in mid air over the water.

This was most recent.
Relander
Spotter

Re: Moose run into water, unreachable

Post by Relander »

I guess it has to be that ninja flip that got it there. I didn't see the ninja flip because she died behind the hill.

Few minutes ago I manage to record this before the game crashed to desktop. :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiW63eomLE
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Moose run into water, unreachable(ninja flip and levitat

Post by ronMctube »

they dont need to flip they can walk straight into unreachable spots. in water anyway.

shot a moose in water and it ran forward into water where i could not follow .
a55a55in
Hog Hunter

Post by a55a55in »

First moose shot after patch and it launched like it had done before as it was going down, luckily not near any water.
Mickeys3000
Tracker

Post by Mickeys3000 »

I've ran into the same issue's you guys are it sucks. I just shot and bagged a 218 bull with the bow then suddenly, I got hit by a cow and my bull didn't show up in my stats or anything not very happy at all. Biggest bull I have seen so far. Its not the first time its happened to me either. When it happens the medical supplies wont even work and that is another pain right there.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Mickeys3000 wrote:I've ran into the same issue's you guys are it sucks. I just shot and bagged a 218 bull with the bow then suddenly, I got hit by a cow and my bull didn't show up in my stats or anything not very happy at all. Biggest bull I have seen so far. Its not the first time its happened to me either. When it happens the medical supplies wont even work and that is another pain right there.

Well, this one sounds like a major bug if true. Animals already BAGGED (i.e. confirmed in the HM) should not disappear after another animal knocks out the player AFTERWADRS.

The question is: how close were these two events together in your case, Mickey? Did you already return to the normal play view when this 2nd moose attacked, or were you still the the trophy shot mode, or even the kill confirmation mode? Such details are important when it comes to tracking down such bugs.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the issue isnt so much the water its the flip and it just happens to be near the boundry of the water when it does the flip to go beyond the magic wall :D

i can produce the bug flip pretty regular . its 99 percent when the moose is wounded and it takes its last gasp for life. you simply just follow it then or run at it .
NAOutdoors
Master Hunter

Post by NAOutdoors »

This issue has been added to our bug report system for a resolution. (862)
Mickeys3000
Tracker

Re: Moose run into water, unreachable(flip and levitation) (

Post by Mickeys3000 »

To reply to monacosteve it was right after I got the confirm page, I heard the roar of the moose the moment I hit the mouse button then whamo I was hit by the moose. It's not the first time i've had confirmed animals not show up. It's happened about a dozen times not sure what the cause is but it does happen from time to time. And it's done it on all the animals not just the moose.

Return to “Animals”