Animals under the ice in WRR

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
Elrique64
Spotter

Animals under the ice in WRR

Post by Elrique64 »

Bug Report
Game Mode: <<Both>>
Hunter Name: Elrique64

Description:
Animals quite often fall under the ice in WRR in the general area of the 2 water falls. Today I was tracking a 170-215 Dall Ram which did exactly that. It fell under the ice, and then when it spooked, was stuck trying to get back up to the shore. This particular instance happened at X: -4289, Y: -11598. The Dall was running in flee mode, his head kept popping up and down. I timed the shot, in the hopes I would be able to harvest him. No such luck. This Ram would have raised my place in the current Dall Ram comp, which is the only reason I chased him for so long, and tried the shot, knowing the likely results....

This has been an issue for a long time in WRR. I hope now we can get some resources towards fixing the problem.

Steps to Reproduce:
<<Follow any animal onto the ice around the 2 ice/waterfalls on the river running NE to SW near the middle of the map.>>

Additional Information:
<<pictures, video, stats, data, # players, ping>>

My Computer
Platform: <<ROG G series>>
OS & Version: <<Windows 10 64bit>>
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

splainin2do
Outfitter

Re: Animals under the ice in WRR

Post by splainin2do »

HooCairs (I believe) did a video on how to "fix" that. Basically, if an animal falls under the ice so you can't harvest it, run far enough away so it is out of render. When you come back, the animal is now on top of the ice!
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Environment”