Hemmeldal random crashes

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
Hifisch
Scout

Hemmeldal random crashes

Post by Hifisch »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP
Hunter Name: Hifisch

Description:
When hunting on Hemmeldal, I lately got a lot of random game crashes after round about 10 Minutes in most of my sessions. This happend before and after the new render range update. I usually went brown bear hunting at my barrel (the coordinates are x: 6552.242 y: -3937-021), but I don't see any reason why this could result in a crash, as I don't get problems like that anywhere else. I tried the option for "Extended audio memory", which didn't help. I play on maximum graphics with over 100 FPS, so there are no performance issues. As mentioned before, it seems to happen completely random, no matter what I do ingame (e.g. shooting or harvesting an animal don't seem to have an effect on it). It happens on Steam as well.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start at a tent in the west of Hemmeldal and simply hunt for let's say 15min. Do this a couple of times to be sure and see what happens.

Additional Information:
-

My Computer
Platform: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
OS & Version: Win10 Ent. 64bit SP1
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Hemmeldal random crashes

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Could this be in connection with the other problems with bait sites that started with the latest update? Since it only seems to happen near the barrel if I understand correctly.
Image Image Image
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

I honestly don't think so, as it ONLY happens on Hemmeldal, no problems with other bait sites. Lately I didn't went hunting in that reserve without baiting, so I'm not 100% sure. I could try a Ptarmigan hunt or so and see what happens :)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Gas56
06/04/18

Win 7 pro Srvc pack 1
AMD FX(tm)8120 Eight-core Processor 3.10 GHz
Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
64-bit OS
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
Creative SB X-Fi
Game settings: Set to Max

I played an SP game on Hemm , After tracking a Male Reindeer could not catch up to fast roaming tracks then they vanished off the hunter mate, the screen went black, lost the present Hunt stats page before ending the game.

Specifically the game did not crash but I got a black screen so I alt/tabbed out of the game and clicked on the game page tab a couple of times and it finally came back to be able to play.
I have never seen this happen before where I didn't notice a server hic-up although I can't be positive that one had happened but most likely had.
After ending the game I could check my last hunt stats and had not lost anything that I already shot.

Return to “Environment”