Piccabeen Bay - Crash After Magpie Goose Update

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
Mills
Outfitter

Piccabeen Bay - Crash After Magpie Goose Update

Post by Mills »

Want to report that I have just received my first game crash in Piccabeen Bay. This is after the game update for the magpie goose.

1. Started game from orange happy camper tent.
2. Selected my magpie goose loadout and made a few changes to it, then re-saved my loadout for the magpie goose with the new changes.
3. Went into the new tropical waterfowl blind that was already positioned with the new decoy spread in front.
4. Waited a few minutes until a flock appeared. Once I saw the first flock I called them in with the long range/flag/and short range caller. Dropped em and waited for the second flock. They came in very soon after so I flagged em in, took out the short range caller to get em close then dropped em.
5. I always use a retriever when waterfowling so I sent my lvl 38 black lab out to fetch the first goose. Once he picked it up the game crashed and the DX Diagnostics window popped up.
psavioc

Re: Piccabeen Bay - Crash After Magpie Goose Update

Post by psavioc »

The same is happening to my friend.
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

I think this is related to crash some other people are experiencing on PB at the moment. Can you provide me with your huntername in a PM if you don't want to write it here?

Thank you!
Ledolian

Post by Ledolian »

I'm afraid it's something that is happening to us all, it happens only sometimes and with some geese, you can spend a half hour game and kill 30 without problems or kill 2 and approaching the goose fails, if it serves as something in one of sometimes I fixed (because the screen is blocked before casting) that the goose in particular had metallic colored wings, instead of black, is only a theory but can it be due to geese with coats or strange colors?

My name as a player is Ledolian.

A greeting and thanks in advance, I hope you can fix it soon as it is currently quite unplayable :)

I'm sorry for my English, I'm Spanish and I'm not very good at it.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Just had my 1st crash on PB. I hunted it last night without issue but this morning I put up another spread & hunted from it. Only differance other then location was weapon. I hunted with the 12ga pump yesterday & the premium blaser this morning. After I set decoys got into the blind & just as the 1st flock broke to head towards my spread it crashed.

THammer_37

Post by THammer_37 »

I have launched PB 5 times and have crashed 2 out of those 5 launches.
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

The issue should now be resolved. Before reporting again be sure to update to the latest version of the game :).

http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-164/
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Thanks Martin! I am in the game now & so far perfectly stable.

Tummirené

Post by Tummirené »

Hello,
With the 144 update, it goes until the moment you throw the dog to get the geese, ok for the first but at the second Direct x crash, then the problem is the dog, stayed without him it works, but in multi it's the same thing unless it's a guest dog.
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

I am still getting CTDs at Piccabeen when goose hunting. Crash always occurs right when my dog attempts to pick up a goose. Has happened 4-5 times now in the past 4 days.

My location is Softshoe's southern tent.
Spoiler:

Return to “Environment”