WRR - Crash issues

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: WRR - Crash issues

Post by caledonianblues »

If the issue is occurring more frequently in specific areas of the map, I would consider spawning as a potential candidate. Perhaps when a certain animal comes into render something goes wrong, e.g. maybe a specific texture is causing the crash, or an animal is being generated with erroneous parameters (scoring info).

It doesn't seem like a memory issue, but more that something specific has to happen to trigger it, and that can be at any time into a hunt, but only in specific areas. Maybe it only happens inside an area where one particular species spawns/roams.

Perhaps on a dev server it would be worth playing around with populations. Remove all species but one and crank the numbers up. Then repeat for all species and see if one animal is causing the problem.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I've noticed (as it has happened to myself as well) in this thread, that many times it's crashing right at the moment a fired round makes the impact on an animal.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Generalkommendant wrote:I've noticed (as it has happened to myself as well) in this thread, that many times it's crashing right at the moment a fired round makes the impact on an animal.
It can happen then, but it can also not happen.... that's what is so hard to find what is isolating it.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

caledonianblues wrote:If the issue is occurring more frequently in specific areas of the map, I would consider spawning as a potential candidate. Perhaps when a certain animal comes into render something goes wrong, e.g. maybe a specific texture is causing the crash, or an animal is being generated with erroneous parameters (scoring info).

It doesn't seem like a memory issue, but more that something specific has to happen to trigger it, and that can be at any time into a hunt, but only in specific areas. Maybe it only happens inside an area where one particular species spawns/roams.

Perhaps on a dev server it would be worth playing around with populations. Remove all species but one and crank the numbers up. Then repeat for all species and see if one animal is causing the problem.
What you've suggested is a good way to check parameter.

I noticed something that when recorded on fox tracks is the transparent strip path that is made with animal tracks that you don't see in the game. Although I wouldn't think this would
have any thing to do with the crashes, the tracks calculating animal movement when in an area or to some extent an ongoing event that is not apparent while hunting, unlike shooting a certain gun,
or hearing a sound, or harvesting, fast traveling, doesn't seem to be part of the equation of that is seen or heard. It seems to be an underlying problem that is not readily connected to a players actions when it happens. A calculating process that doesn't seem to effect the far west side of the map.
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Oh oh! I just had a hunt where I was in the East part of the map, harvesting fox, sitka and dall. I was pretty much all over the map on the East side. I then went to the West side (FT to the Lodge) and was about a quarter way towards the north where I spotted a bison and boom...crash when shooting. It was my one and only shot after going West. If the belief is that the problem is localized to the East, then the problem is carried over once playing the East and going West. Food for thought.
Spoiler:
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Nice reference map Gas...thanks!

Just had a 16 minute hunt ending in a crash. My first hunt after opening the game. Spawned at a tent just to the left of Red 0. Ran in the direction of Blue 5, as I was hunting rabbits, and harvested 1 rabbit midway between Red 0,4 and 5. When I got to Red 4.7 location...Crash. Was running. Single Player. Shotgun. I tracked only the one rabbit and tracked 2 fox and some Dall. I only visualized the rabbit (that I know of).

caledonianblues wrote:If the issue is occurring more frequently in specific areas of the map, I would consider spawning as a potential candidate. Perhaps when a certain animal comes into render something goes wrong, e.g. maybe a specific texture is causing the crash, or an animal is being generated with erroneous parameters (scoring info).

Whatever the trigger is, it was super quick.

Image[/quote]
Spoiler:
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Crash today, I was aiming at a fox while I was standing on the "stair glasier" in the RED field above. Between the number 1 and letter "R" in RED. While aiming the bow suddenly dropped instant and looked stright down. I was maybe aim for 1 second before it happend. I aimed again and fired after the fox. When I started to walk, maybe 1-2 steps, the Dxdiag came up. Had my biggest Dall in sight too 140-225, but I had only the bow with me, so I couldnt take him out quick and dirty. Well, next time then :)

Return to “Environment”